Supra Steering wheel re-covered!!!

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
I have never seen anything more beautiful in my life. At first, I expected to find a steeringf wheel you had re-covered, or re-covered on your own. What's more is I expected the black leather 89+ steering wheels. I never considered re-covering my steering wheel (same as this but burgundy) but now after seeing this it makes me think, I still think the black one is nicer but the original one in burgundy would match better.

Anyways, unlike you're thinking along the lines of originality and keeping a clean look I would go with the black one.

Although a TRD shift knob will throw off my plans :p

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Mar 31, 2005
Vienna, VA
That looks sweet! My original was gray. That price is good, too. Toyota wanted $900 for a wheel back when you could still get one. I recovered mine in black (because I couldn't get gray) and it took forever and didn't look this nice.

Spend the money on leather and time doing it yourself and $250 doesn't seem so bad.

Asterix

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
ValgeKotkas;920594 said:
E: looked at the price....WTF??

ring...ring...Hey ValgeKotkas & Grimjack 2008 just called for you & left a message:
Stuff costs more.
No need to call back.

Only $190.00 (after $40 core refund) that's way fair. And it looks like they do good work in addition to using the correct materials.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
keeping them nice ain't cheap...well cheaper than a new car note.

Had mine redone for $350 I believe. I know one guy did his himself and you can do the other leather cover-Poodles has one.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
really noone else would just buy an aftermarket one for that price? or even a 1jz momo ? pre 89's, although looking better redone, are still kind of ugly. my 89 only looks bad because my son started biting the shit out of it Lol

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
That price is ridiculous!!!!!!!!

I agree re: getting an aftermarket wheel... If i still had my stock wheel, I would take the time and do it myself.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
You could buy a cow, skin it, let it dry, and recover the damn wheel yourself for half the price

:x