Supercharger on a 7M

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
You're thinking of the Lancia Delta S4 - 1.8litre DOHC - twincharged, more than 600bhp and did 0-60 in 4secs on gravel ;)

The Peugeot Group B rally 205 T16 was a midengined RWD turbo jobby.

VW/Audi/Skoda/Seat have some twincharged models in their lineup these days iirc...

SupraChrisMk3

New Booster
Feb 8, 2006
Salisbury, Vermont, United States
On a twincharger setup to make the turbo spool up quicker wouldn't you wan't the supercharger feeding the turbo. Not the other way around. In this setup though it looks like the point is for the supercharger to provide the low end power until the turbo kicks in up higher. Maybe I have the idea wrong but either way it's still badass.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
because they work?

Anyway, one of the ONLY supercharged 7M's I've seen, and it's also turbocharged. I would love to see the dyno sheet on this...

They make twincharing setups for the mini cooper S as well. So far as I know twincharging is insanly powerful and banned in quite a few racing circles...

OMG that vid of the Lancia is pure sex!

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
SupraChrisMk3 said:
On a twincharger setup to make the turbo spool up quicker wouldn't you wan't the supercharger feeding the turbo. Not the other way around. In this setup though it looks like the point is for the supercharger to provide the low end power until the turbo kicks in up higher. Maybe I have the idea wrong but either way it's still badass.

In way i kinda get what your are saying but not really

The supercharger does not feed the turbo ...... It adds usable power until the turbo spooled the same way NO2 would. But the difference is "You dont run out of boost"

Spaniard

Banned
Oct 21, 2005
La pearla PR
My hat goes off to that gentleman. Very cool ingenuity! I have worked on and got running a supercharged svt that was turbo charged as well. It was insane. Very good performance can be see from this setup people, dont doubt it at all. I would love to see a dyno sheet of this 7M.

Again, very cool. Two thumbs up!

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
SupraChrisMk3 said:

So how would it be set up? Using some kind of valve system to separate the turbo from the intake until a certain boost is reached?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
twincharger doesn't matter the order, since the more air into the engine (fed from the supercharger) means more out to spool the turbo...

it works, and i have less IC piping...

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
No dyno or track numbers yet. This is just his stock engine used for mock up. he's working on a full built engine and it will be ran with an AEM.

There's no aftercooler. There was barely enough room to fit the supercharger on without hitting the shock tower. There is maybe 1/4 inch between a bolt and the shock tower. He's using a 4 inch intercooler up front, so that should be enough cooling.

When's he's done, I will post more pictures and a video too.