stupid lying pre-owner...Pictures page 3 added.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
I don't see how you can blame a seller for something that should be pretty bloody obvious to a buyer who has inspected a vehicle...

cry4me_sky

Apr 28, 2007
selah
you see the problem was that i looked at the vehicle closely... the paint on the other side doesn't look terrible.... it only looks bad when you campere the two sides. At the time i looked really closely at it, but you can only really tell by looking up at the top behind the targa top.... and at first i thought it was the clear coat wearing off.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
cry4me_sky said:
you see the problem was that i looked at the vehicle closely... the paint on the other side doesn't look terrible.... it only looks bad when you campere the two sides. At the time i looked really closely at it, but you can only really tell by looking up at the top behind the targa top.... and at first i thought it was the clear coat wearing off.

Blaming someone is not gonna help unless you have a legal claim. If it still looks okay move on. If it needs fixing get after it. Learn from your mistakes.

My first ebay supra said new paint, new motor & tranny. It had new paint alright, except it was never buffed out and had overspray everywhere. So next time I bought a car I was far more diligent. Spoke with owner, other people who had seen car etc.

here's a pic of ebay car.
p756345_1.jpg

:icon_bigg

cry4me_sky

Apr 28, 2007
selah
jugodegolf said:
Blaming someone is not gonna help unless you have a legal claim. If it still looks okay move on. If it needs fixing get after it. Learn from your mistakes.

My first ebay supra said new paint, new motor & tranny. It had new paint alright, except it was never buffed out and had overspray everywhere. So next time I bought a car I was far more diligent. Spoke with owner, other people who had seen car etc.

here's a pic of ebay car.
p756937_1.jpg

:icon_bigg

im not making a legal case, i was jsut wondering if anyone had any idea why half was re-painted..... i swear to god im not retarded..

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
ehh, i've seen the car, it isn't that bad. imho you have got to look pretty close to notice anything. nobody else will notice it. especially anyone in a honduh. they are too busy watching both tachs.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
The rear left sawblade is on the wrong side. I feel your pain on the respray BS. My 87 is a respray (half-way decent job, except for the damn overspray here and there). My 90 was a respray too (front end collision that earned it a Salvage title). Looked like ass and the clear was peeling off everywhere.

Adam

cry4me_sky

Apr 28, 2007
selah
ok so buff it?

they reason that i didnt notice until recently is because i've washed my car a few times and it started to come off... if i rub on it with this cleaner dunckel has called citrol it starts to come off like it was wax or something....

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
nosechunks said:
keep goin till you find what its covering.

do you know how many cans of citrol that will take??? that stuff is expensive. :biglaugh:
i know what you mean though.

EDIT: So what did Danni's dad say??

Last edited:

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
use 1500 or 2000 grit sand paper. it'll take it off but wont scratch too heavy to not be able to polish it out, though it will be work to make it sine again, if that paint is even capable of shining....

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
just thought id mention white isnt clear coated. if it sits for a while it will turn flat. i cant see the pics, that would really help. before you get too carried away id use some rubbing compound on the whole car and see what you have.

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Yeah wetsand it down very easy, once you start seeing white your hitting the paint, don't go to deep. You can then re-clear it afterword and it will look great and shine up that paint.