stupid lying pre-owner...Pictures page 3 added.

cry4me_sky

Apr 28, 2007
selah
ok so i had the day off so i decided i'd clean up the car a little bit. i changed the oil, and then i got some rain-ex and some back to black and some other cleaning stuff and started making my car look pretty...

the drivers side of my care looks good.. nice and shiney. so i go around to the passenger side and, oh my, on the top of the car the paint looks like it's starting to fade.. the targa looks good, but back behind it... but only one side.

i go around and look more closely and it isn't fading.. the other half of my car has been re-painted, and not very well.. it is a little bit of a different shade of white. they did the whole passenger side, 3/4 of the top behind the targa but not the hood.... the bumper is also a little off color.... the peint issn't as shiney or nearly as smooth.

the owner before me told me that the car hasn't been in any wrecks..bs.

so basically when i found that out it totally killed the whole " im gunna clean my car" thing for me. so now im sitting inside, and im pissed...

im cinsidereing cleaning out the engine bay. hopefully the last guy didnt screw anything up in there.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
sucks when you run into those things. maybe he just said " i never got into a wreck with it!" I being the key word Lol.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
don't use back to black unless you want to watch the seals warp, crack, and fall apart... (trust me I know :( )

might not have been in a wreck, migh have had bad paint, who knows...

cry4me_sky

Apr 28, 2007
selah
crazysupra2JZ said:
whatever doesn't look good, and just pisses you off, puta APC sticker there, instant cool and HP.
lol

i have one sticker on my car, its 2"x4" and it says stagnant.. its my bands name.. .that is the only sticker allowed on my car.

lol

actually i should get one of those huge and lame honda H's and stick it on. You know the ones that cover like the whole top half of the hatch.

lol

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
cry4me_sky said:
lol

i have one sticker on my car, its 2"x4" and it says stagnant.. its my bands name.. .that is the only sticker allowed on my car.

lol

actually i should get one of those huge and lame honda H's and stick it on. You know the ones that cover like the whole top half of the hatch.

lol

sorry off topic, but those honda stickers are cracking me up. like i can't tell you have a honda, i can hear the damn thing a mile away, yet it takes an hour to get to me.....

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I never understood the stickers with the large "ACCORD". Sure you may be proud of your car, but bragging about an accord? Seriously.

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
cry4me_sky said:
ok so i had the day off so i decided i'd clean up the car a little bit. i changed the oil, and then i got some rain-ex and some back to black and some other cleaning stuff and started making my car look pretty...

the drivers side of my care looks good.. nice and shiney. so i go around to the passenger side and, oh my, on the top of the car the paint looks like it's starting to fade.. the targa looks good, but back behind it... but only one side.

i go around and look more closely and it isn't fading.. the other half of my car has been re-painted, and not very well.. it is a little bit of a different shade of white. they did the whole passenger side, 3/4 of the top behind the targa but not the hood.... the bumper is also a little off color.... the peint issn't as shiney or nearly as smooth.

the owner before me told me that the car hasn't been in any wrecks..bs.

so basically when i found that out it totally killed the whole " im gunna clean my car" thing for me. so now im sitting inside, and im pissed...

im cinsidereing cleaning out the engine bay. hopefully the last guy didnt screw anything up in there.

hey bro, send me a pm with your vin number and your email and i'll get you a carfax report asap.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
maybe he lived in a downtown area for a while? ive seen soem crazy damage on my brothers car that makes me wonder..

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
I've toyed with the idea of asking if I can wash a car that's for sale before I buy it. I always seem to find a bunch of cosmetic thing wrong with a car the first time I wash it after buying. That sucks though, hopefully there wasn't anything else he was hiding...

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Seems unlikely that an accident would have required spraying an entire side of the car without doing the whole car. You'd think it would either be localized in the spot where the accident was, or the whole car, and not an entire half of the car, lol.

Oh well, hard to say without finding out exactly what happened.

cry4me_sky

Apr 28, 2007
selah
and its not in spots either... the only way to tell the difference is to look at where it meets the real paint on top of the car.... it looks like the clear coat wore down, but if i look more closely the dull pain overlaps the stock paint......idk it's strange to me

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
or half exposed to the elements... the front half of my cars paint is fubard (except for one fender, i'm guess repaint).. but everything behind the front windsheild is gorgeous... but the hood, 1 fender, and front end is all faded and looks like it's had somebody take a brillo pad to it...