Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Here, I re-linked. These will work.
http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=809&page=5
http://idriders.com/Supras/wiring/
http://homepage.mac.com/rib_feast/1JZ/1JZDigitalGauges.pdf
Plus, thanks Kristian that was one of the links I posted. It's a good writeup.
eric

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

bombinuass;1633563 said:
any updates on yours Stretch?

Me? We talking about me? heh. My digidash glass modules are with my father, who was supposed to do some desoldering for me but says he never had the time. I can't vacform the rear casing until he gets me those pieces, so I said if he doesn't have the time to just give them back and I'll get my local radio repair guy to do it. I tried on a practise board, but am not so good as i need to retain the board unharmed, while desoldering the legs of the glass. There are about 700 ish legs which need desoldering... so it is a daunting task.
eric

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
It's not a big problem, but your life could have been easier. If you want to splice it into the stock dash harness, you will have to get those connectors or alternatively, hardwire it into the wiring. The second option will be hard. I would tryand get your hands on the digi dash cluster leads, or entire harness. I vote for the whole harness so you can just use it instead of the analogue one you've got. The wiring side is the most complicated part honestly, and just to make it easier, get the plugs if you can find them.
eric

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Does DR Tweak have the connecters the same ones that are in the dash itself, ie ones that would plug into the dash harness of a digital dash car?

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Nope I mean male ones to plug into the ones on the end of the dash harness

I have a factory digital dash car and I want to make an adapter harness between the factory harness and the SDL so I dont have to cut any wires in my dash harness

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Ah, in that case I don't know. I thought about doing that myself, but after checking the space behind the dash unit, I gave up on it. You would have to make some serious structural modifications to the dash itself to give you enough room for an adapter harness back there, nevermind the difficulty with the original plugs.

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
I think I need to clarify a little more

My car is a RHD JDM and already has a digital dash in it

I am installing a MoTeC dash in there now, which will live in a non-digital cluster which is more shallow, this leaves alot of room for an adapter harness

I need to input some of the factory dash signals into the MoTeC dash and M800, and rather than cut the cars harness want to get the plugs that will plug into the cars dash harness connecters (ie the same connectors that are part of the dash itself) and use these to make an adapter harness.

The other choice I have is cutting the wires I need to use and putting some other sort of connector on these wires so the connector is either joined and the car is stock or I unplug it and the MoTeC dash harness can plug into the car side connector of the dash harness

Luckily I have alot of time to get all this sorted

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Heh, you and I wish. School is very busy at the moment, and my father is still working on the new board I gave him. He is supposed to be swapping it like the other board earlier in this thread, the difference being it has the extra gauge so I want to use it instead of the smaller board. That is what's holding me back. I gave him a deadline of March, but it came and went and still not done, so I think April is fair. He's had it since August...

Once i get it back, I'll vac-form the rear shell, then show pics of that, and then vacform the from retainer shell, then the graphics will be overlayed on that, followed by a few tweaks and hopefully the cluster will be done at that point.

Just wait you eager beavers, you'll see. It will be done this year. Wait for it. Stock apearance is the main goal, which makes it hard that's all.
eric

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
This year is the year it gets finished. My dad says easter is the deadline for the flip, so I should have my gauges back by then. Once back, I do vac-form, then many pics :).
I'll update at that time.
eric

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Hey guys,
ask92 you are my last follower but fear not! I met with my dad for Father's Day, and he showed me the almost completed electronics portion of the cluster and I must say it looks pretty perfect; as good a job is possible with the stock electronics. Remember, my whole purpose is to make a factory-looking dash cluster. A one-piece unit that goes in the stock spot, and resembles the rhd version as closely as possible and I think we have come up with it finally. I don't have the pics yet, but will post the concept photoshop cut job once I ask my dad to re-send the file to me.
Stay interested. It's almost to the point of turning on he says, and then I will really have some awesoem pics of it lit up in final config.
eric