Steve's mildly out-of-control build

Status
Not open for further replies.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
One word of warning though, they're DAMN tight on the crank, I destroyed a puller getting mine back off....

I'd fold up a strip of wetNdry paper grab a long boot lace wrap the paper around the crank snout then wrap the lace around and give it a polish up.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Happy with my 4094 so far ;)

Puller the engine out last night and will start teardown tonight to see if anything else is damaged or needing attention.

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Valves arrive today, as well as the rest of the silicone oil for the fan clutch, whoo hoo! Once the valves are in hand I can get the head out for porting and valve fitting :D

Block is completely torn down and there's nothing really worth noting there. Working out piston coatings for the skirts and crowns, probably going to go for the higher compression pistons once the funds become available!

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I needed 2 bottles- I drained the thing completely for about a day and a half. We'll see if its any better- as long as it moves the air I'm happy.

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Lol, Mike the work hound :p No, I haven't done anything yet. Block is still stripped, head is waiting to be dropped off at Einer's for the porting and the valves, but I just haven't felt like touching cars after work lately...

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I don't think we really get tired from wrenching but we all need a break, I didn't touch my car for over a month when I had the ECU problem only to find out if I had tinkered a little more with it, I would of found that the issue was the high fuel pressure!

I know the feeling well, my buddy too and his RB25 240SX. All he has left is intercooler piping and that's it, he can start the car. He has been slacking on it for a month now.

I happens, I guess that's why you see so many, "I couldn't resist," kind of introduction threads for people who got out the game a few years ago and saw another Supra.

With all of this said, Steve, I have your address.....get to work on your car. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.