Status
Not open for further replies.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I was lazy this weekend and only got the intercooler mounted, no plumbing yet. Also started dismantling the wire harness to run the 4,5,6 injector wires to the harness ends, but I didn't get too far- I can't seem to find the spare wire harness from my corolla to use for terminals. Oh well. Later, I guess.

looks big and mostly blocked, but I will be doing a turbo-A duct (hopefully in CF!) later.

p1426586_1.jpg

Last edited:

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I got bummed that I really didn't do much this weekend, so I ran the new injector leads, and they're ready to tie into the vehicle's connector when the AEM goes in.

Last edited:

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Your going to want to re-install the bracket that goes from the nose to the hood latch. Or make a new one. Go and wiggle your latch and you will see why ;)

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
92nsx;1426859 said:
Your going to want to re-install the bracket that goes from the nose to the hood latch. Or make a new one. Go and wiggle your latch and you will see why ;)

Ah, I knew someone was going see that. If you look at where I mounted the horns, there are threads sticking out from the bottom of the latch... I welded the mount onto the vertical support, and it bolts onto the latch from behind. :biglaugh: Holds the latch nice and firm.
If it ever becomes an issue, I can always run a second support bar from the nose.

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Yay! My valvesprings came in today!!! I will be bringing them to my machinist tonight, and that means I'll have an engine in a few days!! -sooooo happy right now-

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Dropped the valvesprings off at the machine shop an hour ago, so it's t-21 hours till pickup! For the next two nights, I'll be measuring, documenting, assembling, adjusting and sealing it all up! :biglaugh:

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
So after 3 months waiting for parts, machining, and some more waiting for parts, I finally have my engine back. Not much done yet, as I'm painting the block so it's nice and pretty! The coating on the bearings is cool, too- dry film lubricant is something of a mystery to me, yet... Anyways, that's where I'm at!

as it came
p1428972_1.jpg

first primer coat on
p1428972_2.jpg

Calico bearings- very interesting
p1428972_3.jpg

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Yeah, it looks really good now. I have to say- I'm not usually a detail/finish oriented guy, but something about this car has been changing that part of me. Anyways, it's on the stand and ready for assembly and final measurements! Official engine build begins tomorrow!

Last edited:

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Thanks Sean!
Aside from the turbo oil feed boss, I'm really happy with how it turned out. Now it's just time to get it together!

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
all bearing clearances have been checked and all check out good. Bottom end is done, aside from the oil pump and pan. Head goes on tomorrow night! Here's what I've got:

p1432311_1.jpg

p1432311_2.jpg

Feelin good tonight!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.