Steven89's Build Thread *no 56k!*

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
:p Im too lazy to get started on it right now! :D Just got back from a SAT prep course. But i have a few things laid out on the to-do list today. Such as - Put a turbo on, change oil, retorque head studs. MAYBE mold prosports into stock cluster.
Should be interesting.

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
buckshotglass said:
That's not finished, right?;)

Maybe? :p

Of course not! hahah, im just dreaming. A bit skeptical to chop up the gauge cluster :aigo: I see you've done yours in your build thread though. Got any tips or pointers? :1zhelp:

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
steven89 said:
4" Infinity Reference speakers. With a wooden holder i made. :)
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Pics of them mounted will come soon. too hot outside right now :p

Why didn't you just make some 6.5 speaker mounts?

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
gtsfirefighter said:
Why didn't you just make some 6.5 speaker mounts?

Because I had these 4" from my old car. And I love em! :p Plus what i noticed in my old car was that these didn't have much bass, I have a small woofer in the back of the supra now. So this should sound pretty good. :)

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
:) First off, heres what the speakers look like in the door.

I also installed my CD player from my old car. :)

Annddd then while I wired stereo, I decided I wanted the foglight mod done. :)

So heres the actual progress today, I wired up my prosport gauges. All of the wiring is ready for them, with the exception of the sensor wires for water temp and oil pressure.

Heres how I have them setup for day time (lights/markers off)

And heres how I have them setup for night time (lights/markers on)

And I also trimmed the Lotek A pillar gauge holder to fit the car perfectly. But I thought it was pointless to take a picture of it since we all already know what it looks like :p

No turbo today :( My friend didnt call me back so I didnt get it.

More updates tomorrow if time permits me to work on it. :D

Enjoy!

Last edited:

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
Update - Turbo on, turbo smokes. But its only temporary until i get my .57gt rebuild. :p
Thank you Got Boost for letting me use your turbo. I really wanted to get the soup back on the road. :)

Next problem - Turn signals dont work.. hmm What could cause that? Maybe i knocked a relay loose while doing foglights?

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
Got Boost? said:
I have an inline fuse if you need one. lol. you could get it for cheap at O'Reilly's though.
is that for the foglight mod?

nice job gettin that biotch runnin

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
:D yeah! 57 trim should be fun. :)

Update - Turn signals work, was the hazard lights not being plugged in, took me all of 5 minutes to figure that one out. :p

My dad wont let me drive it everyday because the school messed up with getting me my recent progress report [great.. i know] So yeah this is awesome.

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
buckshotglass said:
Tell your dad taking your car is no longer an option. If you are expected to exist as a human, you need a car.

Yeah, ive tried something in that swing. He doesnt believe me when I say that the school messed up. I mean, shit ive even been in the office to try to get it. My school just sucks and is horribly un-organized.