Steven89's Build Thread *no 56k!*

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
gtsfirefighter said:
So did you end up using the Felpro HG or a MHG? I hear Cometics are the most forgiving when it comes to sealing. I'm thinking of using one when I rebuild mine.

I went with Felpro HG, as i just don't want it to have more of a reason to blow. But if it blows again, like i've said earlier is that im going for a full rebuild then. Definately go for ARPs though!

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
OK so car runs.. but really badly right now.. i think its timing issues to idk yet. Does anyone know what page/section in the TSRM it is to do timing and etc?

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
Update - Car back together, runs, timing fixed.

Now it seems like it has no power.. think i have a intake/boost leak..

IDK.. more updates/pics to come

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
steven89 said:
Now it seems like it has no power.. think i have a bad head gasket, I should've listened to Reign_Maker and put in a Cometic...
hehehee :icon_razz

Wish ya the best... Hope its somethin simple to fix...

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
Finally an update thats worth while.

Well, figured out why i made no power. I had a huge boost leak at the coupler in between the 3000 pipe and the TB. The coupler came off in two pieces, thats how bad it was.

So then the supra has been running perfect ever since i changed that coupler. Been enjoying 10psi and all.

So ive been driving it around quite a bit and i decide to take it to a car meet on Saturday (this was last Saturday). I hang out with Weezl and a friend of mine with a prelude. After hangin out for a bit i see a few of my friends, one of which has a old silverado with a niice built v8. I hear that him and another truck is gonna go race. i go "eh, ill tag along and watch". Well i end up keeping up right behind em, and i find an open and manage to get past em. After that, i flipped a U turn and headed back to the meet (Weezl was still there). On the way back, i hear this "ca-clunk" sound. I go "eh probably just a rock or something". So i keep driving to the meet. While going there, i see the alternator light go on, and power steering is gone. I stop at a light and it goes away. I come to the next light i notice my temp is creeping up to the red zone, alt light comes on and no power steering, I pull out of the light and find Weezl at the tacobell just out of the light. I park, and i hear coolant coming out of the overflow tank. Turns out my Harmonic balancer fell off and the "ca-clunk" sound i heard earlier was the bolt (had to be). I was quite surprised, hopefully everything is still ok, as it never got into the RED on the temp gauge as it did when i had a BHG and it still isn't knocking.

Anyways, here are some pics of that night, decided to get it towed home. So i used one of my friends' AAA tows and got it towed home for free.

Harmonic balancer and belts, next to car and coolant on ground.

Hmm, something is missing..

:icon_neut :3d_frown: LoL, Pete.

Last edited:

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
Put new (used) harmonic balancer, crank key, and bolt, and a set of new belts on today. Started up, refilled coolant. Seems to hold temp just fine, doesnt smoke, and runs just fine.

Takes 10psi just like nothing happened.... so far.

Head Stud retorque in another 100 miles

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
Update - Ordered Prosport Premium Peak & hold boost, oil pressure, and water temp gauges. Non premium Volt gauge. Going to have A/F ratio and boost in A pillar and the other gauges molded into gauge cluster. Pictures to come once the loot comes in :)

Car is also turboless, managed to break the shaft holding the 2 impellers. Pics of that to come tonight if anyone shows interest in this thread :p

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
steven89 said:
Update - Ordered Prosport Premium Peak & hold boost, oil pressure, and water temp gauges. Non premium Volt gauge. Going to have A/F ratio and boost in A pillar and the other gauges molded into gauge cluster. Pictures to come once the loot comes in :)

Car is also turboless, managed to break the shaft holding the 2 impellers. Pics of that to come tonight if anyone shows interest in this thread :p

Upgrade time, or another stock ct-26?

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
Well, since theres some interest. Heres an update!

Got my gauges and A pillar. The oil pressure gauge is on backorder so i should get that as soon as they get one in!

From left - right

Water temp, voltmeter, and boost.

Last edited:

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
Yeah i have a few. Ill get some pics/descriptions tomorrow, quite a bit of lil things done. :D Its great what you finish when your car is turboless. :D

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
5.25" Infinity Reference speakers. With a wooden holder i made. :)

Pics of them mounted will come soon. too hot outside right now :p

Edited to update picture links

Last edited: