Starting up club (NC Supra's)

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
the local "nissan crowd" in greenville is planning what i hope will be a large meet on january 8. most of the people who attend drive nissans but i attend the meets regularly and it has since become more of a car meet than a nissan meet. just figured id see if anyone else is interested. for the most part everyone knows their stuff and they are fun to hang out with. dont think that you will be looked down upon for not having a nissan, they arent those type people and it is not a ricer meet(the weekly meets arent anyway). not really sure how the turn out will be but i figured id throw the idea out there.

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
I dont think Ive posted in this thread but Ive been around here for 6 years now. I live in Jacksonville about 10 minutes from Majestic. If anybody wants to throw something together or just go for a ride let me know! Ill only be here for the next few months, after that Ill be in Japan for the next three years!

p1661733_1.jpg

Last edited:
We need to arrange a meet in Greensboro. I think that's the best spot cause it's pretty much smack dab in the middle of everyone. It's a 3 hour drive from Brevard, right outside of Asheville. My car is so close to being finished. Reminiscing about driving the supra is almost over. So once things start to warm up, we should get something going. Let's go ahead and vote on a date that will be good for everyone. My cousins, and brother in law live in the boro so i know they'll be going. that makes 4 cars. 5 including mine. who else is down? last week of march, first week of april? some time around there?

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

And my buddy will be bringing his evo. another friend will be bringing his 430hp '04 sti. annnnd another friend will also be bringing his 400hp evo if he doesn't get deployed again.

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
My car is finally out of storage and I will soon be replacing this damn freeze plug! I agree once its warmer Im ready, I have to break this motor in finally haha

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
awsbakerordie;1664537 said:
We need to arrange a meet in Greensboro. I think that's the best spot cause it's pretty much smack dab in the middle of everyone. It's a 3 hour drive from Brevard, right outside of Asheville. My car is so close to being finished. Reminiscing about driving the supra is almost over. So once things start to warm up, we should get something going. Let's go ahead and vote on a date that will be good for everyone. My cousins, and brother in law live in the boro so i know they'll be going. that makes 4 cars. 5 including mine. who else is down? last week of march, first week of april? some time around there?

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

And my buddy will be bringing his evo. another friend will be bringing his 430hp '04 sti. annnnd another friend will also be bringing his 400hp evo if he doesn't get deployed again.

Thats right around the time for TX2K11. I probably wont be able to make it, cause the Texas event is the 17th through the 20th of March.

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
Alright, looks like Im not gonna make it to TX2K11, so Im interested in setting something up in the area! You guys are recommending Greensboro, and thats about a 3 1/2 hour drive for me, so if thats the spot then I cant really set anything up. If you guys are interested in somewhere near Jacksonville, then I can talk to Majestic Motorsports and see if we can set something up there. Maybe a dyno day or make it a day at the track in Jacksonville. So let me know if you guys are still wanting to do something in Greensboro, which I have no problem with, cause I will still make it, or if you want me to set something up in Jacksonville.

As far as a meet in Greensboro goes, what are you guys thinking about? Are there any tracks local there? Are there any shops that will throw something together for us? Just wondering since I really dont want to drive that distance just to grab a bite to eat, you know what I mean?

Give me a call if you want! 252 646 6497

Thanks,
Brandon

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
7M-KDL;1673021 said:
i prolly wont be making it to anything for a while. put mine back in the garage

arvin, who did your (machine) work?
Sorry to hear about that! I cant remember who did my machine work, the shop had sent it out to one of their guys. But I would highly recommend making the trip to Jacksonville and visiting Majestic Motorsports. Look them up online, theyre legit!

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
yeh im familiar with majestic. and i put mine in the garage bc its burning oil like crazy. my next step is replaceing the valve seals. if that doesnt fix it i may just start building my *real* motor, hence the machining question. i didnt think majestic did machining i thought they only did assembly and tuning and such. i thought they sent out that stuff(but maybe im just thinking about turbochargers). im actually from Newport, NC which is where my car is and i have been to majestic quite a few times, thats where i got my MHG from.

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
Im going to be be swapping turbos possibly this weekend and Monday. I would like some help if any of you are available. I have plenty of beer and Im sure it will be a good time. Let me know if any of you can make it. 252 646 6497

Thanks,
Brandon

kamikazemkiii

Mar 21, 2009
North Carolina
I wouldnt NOT suggest majestic, None of the supra guys I am friends with who have visited have come back with anything good to say, and Ive had a hard time dealing with them myself. On a side note, what turbo are you swapping to Brandon?

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
kamikazemkiii;1676829 said:
I wouldnt NOT suggest majestic, None of the supra guys I am friends with who have visited have come back with anything good to say, and Ive had a hard time dealing with them myself. On a side note, what turbo are you swapping to Brandon?

What specifically have you heard negatively about Majestic? Ive had them do quite a few things for me (paint, coilovers, alarm install, and a few misc. things) and I havent had any problems. Can you elaborate some?

Also, I am installing a T61 and selling my 57 trim.

Feb 16, 2011
North Carolina
Any one in nc know where i might be able to find a running 7mgte motor, cause i might end up needing it, :( pm me if you do please,

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
Alright, mark your calendars!!!! Majestic Motorsports is hosting a 2 day Spring Shootout on April 16th and 17th!! This will be located in Jacksonville and there will be a dyno day on the 16th at Majestic Motorsports and a track day at Coastal Plains (in Jacksonville) on the 17th. Some info below:

Dyno day starts @ 11 am
Pre register for $50
$55 on the day of the event

Track goes live @ 12 pm
Cash payout for index classes
Spectators: $10
Car and driver: $20
Racers: $50
90% payback in each full class

*This is what is posted on the flyer, if you would like more info call 910-219-4276 or visit their website http://www.majesticmotorsports.net

For all those who cant make it to TX2k11, this is your opportunity!! Dont miss out, its local, and it should be a great time!! Come represent the MK3!!

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

oldsking;1676935 said:
T61...... thats to small haha I know you can do better then that, if I lived closer I would give ya a hand

Its not tiny, but I know what youre getting at. Its not a monster either! Either way, I finished installing everything and I am tuning it tomorrow on the dyno. I will post up some numbers when I get done!