spark plugs: what kind do you run?

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
I was just wondering what kink of spark plugs do you ppl run in your car and what kind of success did you have with them?

Does anybody run irdium plugs? How do you like them? what are the ups and downs about them besides the price.

what plugs should we stay away from?

And what kinda gap are you running?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Irridiums here

.028, I raced Motorcross bikes when I was a kid so gapping platinums isn't scary for me but you need to be very very careful to not touch the centre electrode when doing it!

I love em they're so resistant to fouling!

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
OK, now I know some don't like Bosch plugs. I have bought the Bosch platinum 4 & then the Bosch platinum 2. I have heard on more than one occasion that members don't like them.
But not sure why. Why not?

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
Just a question, dont wanna steal thread but....Whats it suposed to be gapped at...In a Supra book its writen .31 and I bought NGK plugs..and where at like .42

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
always gap your plugs, regardless of whether they are 'pre-gapped' or not!!!
and listen to the supra manual.

-shaeff

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
Tony Mawad said:
OK, now I know some don't like Bosch plugs. I have bought the Bosch platinum 4 & then the Bosch platinum 2. I have heard on more than one occasion that members don't like them.
But not sure why. Why not?

i've got the platinum 2's also. havent had any problems but i'd also like to know why everyone hates them. should i be worried or am i just not getting the best preformance?

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
the reason i hate the bosh platnum 4s, is that when i changed to the .97 cent champion coppers, i picked up .4 in the quarter mile! the platnums work, but for a turbo motor stick with coppers(champion or autolite) and just change more often.