Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Just wondering what this thing is for

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
It's looks like a 12v relay. I've used one similar to wire in electric fans so that they can be used with a temp sensor and turn on at a certain temp

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
i agree with the noise filter even tho i do not know what it is and what is effected by it but every supra i have seen has it.

what are the cons of removing it?
also what are the pros of having it?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
i see igniter and a check connector but i do not see a noise filter. still i would like to know exactly what it does? is it like an alternative to a sheilded wire or something? just telling me that it goes to the igniter doesn't really tell me anything other that IT GOES TO THE IGNITER.

ians13

Nov 8, 2005
Jacksonville, fl
i just posted up the diagram
go to the next page.

The noise filter will remove unwanted “noise” Electronic noise is a characteristic of all electronic circuits. Depending on the circuit, the noise generated by electronic devices, they might be interpreted as a signal from the ECU to fire the coils resulting in miss fire and other drivability problems.

just leave it be.

Last edited:

Vrank!!!

hahahahaha
Dec 17, 2009
TX
ians13;1514695 said:
i just posted up the diagram
go to the next page.

The noise filter will remove unwanted “noise” Electronic noise is a characteristic of all electronic circuits. Depending on the circuit, the noise generated by electronic devices, they might be interpreted as a signal from the ECU to fire the coils resulting in miss fire and other drivability problems.

just leave it be.

definitely a noise filter. when I first got my car running I was having throttle problems and noticed one of the wires coming out of this device was broken, so I called up my local dealership and read off the p/n hoping this would be my fix and he told me it was a noise filter. said it was for the stereo which seemed weird because of it's location. ians13 sounds more believable

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Vrank!!!;1515357 said:
definitely a noise filter. when I first got my car running I was having throttle problems and noticed one of the wires coming out of this device was broken, so I called up my local dealership and read off the p/n hoping this would be my fix and he told me it was a noise filter. said it was for the stereo which seemed weird because of it's location. ians13 sounds more believable

Now that I know it's a noise filter it makes sense...

It kinda sorta is for your stereo and other things....without it you'd hear buzzing in your speakers that will get louder/faster as your rpms rise.