Some o y'all know me, some don't. Hey to all!

myothersupra

Jun 19, 2008
Greater New Orleans Area
Hey All,
I've had Supras since about 1992 when I stepped up from my 81 GT Liftback Celica and got my very used '82 L-Type MkII and I've been through just about every version and type USDM Supra since except a MkI PP and a MkIV N/A and I've been on the sogi mailing list since the mid 1990's when it began and I finally have a SM account now too.

I actually had 6 MkIII's at one time back around 2003 iirc, all mostly stock.

I'm on my 2nd MkI ever, never had a "PP" version so far, I got it recently and it needs some help but it's all original with near perfect cloth interior and manual tranny and sunroof and full deluxe factory stereo that still works and it runs and drives as-is, my last MkI was about 14 years ago, my current P-Type MkII (my 3rd MkII and 2nd P-Type) gets me around town when the battery isn't dead 'cause I don't get out all that much other than commuting to the office in the beater box Camry and I'm too lazy to keep a tender on the MkII, my current MkIII (a 92T with just 120k miles on it) has had a BHG for a long time as the machine shop is rebuilding a head on barter for me so it's been a low priority to them, and Hurricane Katrina flooded my 87 2-Tone Blue MkIII after 120,000 of my own miles being added over 11 faithful and reliable years as my daily driver so it's sitting in the back yard waiting for a total restoration someday, plus the 98TT I bought in January of '07 has kept me pretty busy as well.
Now I just need a 4 car garage to go with them... :)

Thomas
myothersupra
a.k.a.
zukikat

myothersupra

Jun 19, 2008
Greater New Orleans Area
suprahabsfan;1060560 said:
Nice collection!!! you are a supra nut! I also spy a is300! toyota ftmfw
Yes I am and yes you do!

I sold it last month and haven't had a chance to snap any pics with all 4 Supra gen's lined up together yet. I bought the IS300 because of the 2JZ right after Katrina took my N/A MkIII from me and I was originally hoping to GE-T it once I got my post-Katrina life back in enough reasonably stable order but after looking at Turbo kits, seeing the costs of them (even mild power gain kits), seeing a couple of stock bottom end GE-T'd IS300's at TX2K6, seeing their low dyno numbers, seeing one with a built bottom end making decent BPU MkIV range power, and repeatedly hearing that you pretty much have to rebuild the bottom end of the VVT-i N/A Lexus 2JZ engines with real rods and pistons to even get BPU MkIV power levels reliably I decided I'd rather have a Supra-TT again instead of a Turbo'd IS so I bought the 98TT and sold the IS. There was one at TX2K8 that made really high power but it I'm pretty sure it cost him about what I paid for my MkIV if not more and I can get my MkIV up into that power range if I ever decide I need to without touching the stock motor or worrying about the stock tranny at all.
The IS300 is a fun car that actually reminded me a lot of a MkII from the moment I first test drove it and it was a great commuter the whole time I had it but I like Supras better. I'd drive a GTE drop-in SC300 or GS300 daily but they're no Supra.

Plus I was a little pissed at Lexus when a friend in my 84 P-Type 5-Speed MkII who was following my IS300 from a 35mph roll on a 4-lane road came from behind me, walked around me, then got in front of me and kept walkin' away as I was at WOT in the IS the moment I saw him change lanes behind me knowing he was gonna try and pass the Lexus in the old Supra, and he did... I slapped the stick into "M" and hit the "Down" button as far as it would let me downshift at that speed and it helped a little but he still got around me anyway. The IS300 was/is totally stock with maybe 55k on the odo at the time, the MkII has 213k on the odo and is on a rebuilt 5M and stock toyota clutch with about 35k or so on them now, factory MkII P-Type wheels, shitty BFG tires, and the original tranny, and all it's got for mods is intake and exhaust upgrades! That SUCKS! I was truly happy, suprised, and disappointed all at the same time as he smiled, waved, and walked on around me...

Plus I'm still waiting on the head from the machine shop for my 92T but in the meantime I may just have to ask judegolf to bring his red MkIII over as a stand-in stunt double for new sig pics with my MkI, MkII, and MkIV... :)

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
Thomas we need that mkI to add to this pic. Just give me a shout.

Thomas has some nice supra's, haven't got to see the mk1 yet. Here's a good pic of his blue and green one. His red 92 just needs a little work, then my stunt double duty will be fullfilled.
p1065910_1.jpg

CaptMKIII

Jun 21, 2008
Kansas.
jugodegolf;1065910 said:

Thomas has some nice supra's, haven't got to see the mk1 yet. Here's a good pic of his blue and green one. His red 92 just needs a little work, then my stunt double duty will be fullfilled.
p1066042_1.jpg

Damn that's cool.

myothersupra

Jun 19, 2008
Greater New Orleans Area
RazoE;1065947 said:
^------now that's a man that has his priorities straight...:D
Yeah.... priorities totally fubar is more like it... :)
I could've had the MkIII running again by now and built the garage I want instead but I just couldn't resist getting the 98TT and then the MkI.

Thanks for all the welcomes y'all!

notice the updated sig! :)
(no more IS300)

myothersupra

Jun 19, 2008
Greater New Orleans Area
ForcedTorque;1065329 said:
Welcome to the site Thomas! I believe I owe you a thank you for telephone advise on my car through Noah recently.

Nice collection you have there!

Thanks man, hope the advice by phone was at least a little helpful.

BTW, PP is the "Performance Package" for the MkI, offered only in '81 afaik.
The awesome MkI crew at celicasupra.com has been refreshing my memory and expanding my knowledge of these sorts of things lately...

As I understand it that included a rear spoiler that I would like to have and a front air dam (Lower lip) that looks a lot like a MkIII Kaminari front lip that I'm not sure I'd like yet, lowering springs/shocks (would've been nice), and stiffer sway bars (definitely wish I had), although I may not have all my terminology or details correct.

jugodegolf;1065910 said:

p1067076_1.jpg
Hey George,
Whenever you wanna get together over here for Supra pics just let me know ahead of time so I can jump off the MkII if I haven't gotten a new battery for it by then. The crappy Pep Boys ProStart battery that the previous owner put in it would probably be salvageable and supposedly has some pro-rate left on it but I'm tired of it going dead every time I leave the car sitting more than a few days and see no point in getting another of that same crappy battery even at a discount so I'll probably just drop the cash for the big-a$$ Duralast Gold since they're a little more expensive, a lot bigger, have more c.a.'s and c.c.a.'s, and they seem to tolerate longer periods of sitting much better than most.
Not that I'm a big auto-zone fan but hey, it works...

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I used to be a part of the MKII community in my earlier Supra days, mainly as a part seller. I found the forum scene about the time my MKII died, and I parted it out through ebay and a few Supra sites. I feel like I am familiar with the zukikat name, but that was a good while back. My aka is sludt5@aol or sludt5thesupraguy.

Anyway, with the mutual friends we both have (Noah/George), I'm sure we will meet sooner or later. I've promised Noah that I'm gonna attend one of the CCS events when my car is healty