Socal Supras!

Spooner

Sep 25, 2009
Solana Beach, CA
PT, I paid $22K for mine. The previous owner expressed concern to me about a couple of minor issues, which is why he asked low on it. During our phone conversation I was pretty confident I would buy it and once I saw it, I was set on it. So I sacrificed on the trans, but it's a very clean car.

SP619, I was trying to join Socal Supras the other day (was a member a while ago, but wanted a new SN), but I couldn't find a VIP code. I even searched Google and came up with nothing. Can you give me some help to solve that problem, please? Thanks! I'll meet up with you guys.

PlatinumTracks

Dec 8, 2008
CA
sparkplug619;1416465 said:
lol Ive seen a few salvaged ones on craigslist for like 12 to 14,000

BTW, its pretty rare to get a good san diego meet going. Once I get my tranny swapped and rewire my knock sensor I wanna try to get one going. You down?? Are you signed up with socalsupras.com? There is a complete san diego section to keep you posted on any SD activity.

I am on the socalsupras but it seems pretty dead there :: tumbleweed ::

I'm actually out in the Temecula area but i wouldn't mind the drive for a good meet though so im def. down....

i hate knock sensors now.. let me gues code 52?

PlatinumTracks

Dec 8, 2008
CA
Spooner;1416613 said:
PT, I paid $22K for mine. The previous owner expressed concern to me about a couple of minor issues, which is why he asked low on it. During our phone conversation I was pretty confident I would buy it and once I saw it, I was set on it. So I sacrificed on the trans, but it's a very clean car.

SP619, I was trying to join Socal Supras the other day (was a member a while ago, but wanted a new SN), but I couldn't find a VIP code. I even searched Google and came up with nothing. Can you give me some help to solve that problem, please? Thanks! I'll meet up with you guys.

" To register, make sure you enter the VIP code as "scs". "

It took me for ever also to find....

Auto trans shift faster so they go fast lol......:biglaugh:

Beautiful car though....

I wouldn't mind paying a payment for that... but all in due time..

sparkplug619

2 Supras, 1 Paycheck =[
Sep 28, 2008
San Diego California
lol ya it took me a day to do that stupid registration code shit, its for a good cause though so you cant bag on it

lol yup 52 it is, I'm hoping I can just rewire it and itll go away, it worked on my other supra.

true about the auto transmission, but not true when your shit is only help down by like 4 bellhousing bolts and is leaking all over the place, AND it wont catch any gears so Ill be on the freeway going like 70 with my rpms at like 5000-6000

wats up rsmisfit. Its a law around here to post pics of your supra or you will be banned from opening your refrigerator:icon_bigg

EDIT: btw platinum tracks, it isnt as big of a community as supramania but its gets helpful when you wanna talk to only socal people and not have to try and start a meet with people in maine and new hampshire and shit you know

PlatinumTracks

Dec 8, 2008
CA
sparkplug619;1416741 said:
lol ya it took me a day to do that stupid registration code shit, its for a good cause though so you cant bag on it

true about the auto transmission, but not true when your shit is only help down by like 4 bellhousing bolts and is leaking all over the place, AND it wont catch any gears so Ill be on the freeway going like 70 with my rpms at like 5000-6000

Tru is for a good cause but not easy to find....
i forgot how i found it....

i think google and a SM post said were it was at....

LoL same thing happend to my tranny also...
that sucker held up for 2 months though and i only had 2 or maybe 3 gears...

i only drove it local though...

one time on the freeway.... i had to damn near redline to just to keep up.

PlatinumTracks

Dec 8, 2008
CA
RSMiSFiT;1416847 said:
got it for 1300

damn you.....

I want a mr2 also...

i paid 1200 for mines it looked like this...
p1416868_1.jpg

Spooner

Sep 25, 2009
Solana Beach, CA
PlatinumTracks;1416622 said:
" To register, make sure you enter the VIP code as "scs". "

It took me for ever also to find....

Auto trans shift faster so they go fast lol......:biglaugh:

Beautiful car though....

I wouldn't mind paying a payment for that... but all in due time..
Thanks for the code and compliments!

About the auto, I was pleasantly surprised at how quick it was when I first drove it. I figured that it'd feel a little sluggish compared to my MKIII, but it wasn't the case. I'm not so terribly turned off by not shifting, but I do miss the control and excitement of a manual.

PlatinumTracks

Dec 8, 2008
CA
About the auto, I was pleasantly surprised at how quick it was when I first drove it. I figured that it'd feel a little sluggish compared to my MKIII, but it wasn't the case. I'm not so terribly turned off by not shifting, but I do miss the control and excitement of a manual.

Just drop it in Low and work your way up lol......

What I do...
MK3 has an overdrive button so you can shift through all the gears...

I feel cool shfting and pushing buttons lol.....:sarcasm:

----------------------------------
Took some pics just for you guys....

She aint no 97 TT or nuthing but She still pretty...

Fresh out the bath....

Can't wait till i paint her blk....

p1417054_1.jpg

p1417054_2.jpg

p1417054_3.jpg

bootlegg wiring

p1417054_4.jpg

Tryna be artistic

PlatinumTracks

Dec 8, 2008
CA
sparkplug619;1417073 said:
lol at the ghetto speaker box..... car looks really good tho

Thanks...

I no, this is my next project....

not my car btw
box3.jpg

gonna be cool cuz my speakers light up internally....