Year of car: 88 Turbo
Contact info: Import Medic
City you live in: Mobile, Al.
Hobbies: Micro Sprint racing
Upgrades to your car: stock but working on a 2jz conversion

SupraNBama

Apr 1, 2005
Anniston,Alabama
well me, racerxj220 and a couple of friends got the car moved yesterday and the motor out in less than 2 hours. this included taking the transmission off and putting the motor on the engine stand. Racerxj and i are going to take the head off today and bottom end apart to see how bad the bottom end is. 2jz going end by the end of the month and then the fun begins

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
SupraNBama;1679490 said:
hey whats up guys and gals. been a while since i posted but i do lurk still lol. but anyways i thought i would give you guys a update on my recent purchase. a 1992 Nissan 240sx with a 1jzgte that has a bad block and thanks to a great buddy ::racerxj220:: who is helping me redo it and we will be doing a 1.5jz :)

This 240 in question, is it Robbies old car?

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
CharlieRose;1679926 said:
Name:Charlie Rose
Year of car: 88 Turbo
Contact info: Import Medic
City you live in: Mobile, Al.
Hobbies: Micro Sprint racing
Upgrades to your car: stock but working on a 2jz conversion

Didn't I once buy a wrecked red Supra from you? ........Scott Ludt

Welcome to the site! So you have another Supra? Congrats. Where are the pictures?

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
That's car was a freak of nature when it ran, Im glad it will live to see another day.
And your definatly in good hands with Jeff helping.
Good luck and can't wait to see it back on the road.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Thanks It's going to be going a lot faster.

The motor is going to be brand new.

Can't wait to install the new oil pump. Looking forward to see what they make.

Now all that 240 needs is cams, and it'll be time for drag radials.

SupraNBama

Apr 1, 2005
Anniston,Alabama
Me and Jeff has spent some time on this car. Hopefully a week from tomorrow or a week from tuesday it will be running. Granted though it will be on the stock parts for about a week while we go through it to fix any problems before i throw all the other goodies on.

SupraNBama

Apr 1, 2005
Anniston,Alabama
ok update on the car
got the 2jz block bored , new pistons and rings on the rods, replaced a main bearing me and Jeff check didnt like, got the head back from the machine shop where it was resurfaced twice because it wasnt even. Now comes the fun part putting the motor back together.

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
We made it through last night, without damage. We are without lights, and only Jay's phone works. We've heard everything from 8:00 tonight to 4 days on when our electricity will be restored. At this point I'm just thankful that my family is safe. There is so much damage, the number of confirmed dead in Alabama at this point is 162, but from what I understand there are still a lot of people unaccounted for. Praying for the families that were not as fortunate as mine.
V

SupraNBama

Apr 1, 2005
Anniston,Alabama
well update on the 240 me and jeff put the rod/main caps and bearings in and got the new pistons and rings in as well. i will update more after tuesday that is the next day i will be working on that motor

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
SupraNBama;1706975 said:
well update on the 240 me and jeff put the rod/main caps and bearings in and got the new pistons and rings in as well. i will update more after tuesday that is the next day i will be working on that motor

why dont you start a build thread? post some pics?

SupraNBama

Apr 1, 2005
Anniston,Alabama
little more work on the car today upper and lower oil pan on, oil strainer on, arp headstuds in, headgasket on. ill do a little bit more work come monday when i should get the head on, cams in, cam gears, timing belt, valve covers, intake manifold, hard coolant pipe, and maybe the wiring harness hooked up on the motor

Wildfire007

Dec 15, 2010
Cullman, Alabama, United States
Name: Jeremy Goodwin
Year of car: 1988 5 speed Supra Turbo
Contact info: xxebonmoon6xx@aim.com or my # 256-590-3283
City you live in: Cullman, Alabama
Hobbies: reading, hanging with friends, and driving my beast
Upgrades to your car: 4" mandrel bent catless exhaust, front mount IC that is just plain huge. Piping on it is 3" wide. Still waiting to get the lexus afm/550cc injector mod with a better fuel pump. Both of the mods I mentioned came on the car so I don't know what brand or anything. By the way new to a love of cars, new to the supra(owned it for 5 months) but I'm COMPLETELY in love with my 7m-gte. Also I am in need of parts. If anyone is near me and willing to help then just hit me up on here, email, or a text message. Thanks.

wterryinftey

Workin on It
Apr 19, 2010
Pell City, Alabama, United States
Jeremy, Welcome to the family. Sounds like you have a pretty good start. and by the way - The love of Supra NEVER goes away! between my first Supra and my current Supra there was a 8 year void where i didnt own one .......but i thought about them every day.....mainly regreting that i sold it in the first place.