Sign in for Alabama Supra's rollcall

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Jim, you don't know how often I regret selling that car. If I'd have known how good you were gonna make that black look, I'd have kept it. Now we have to get you to bring it out to a meet or two. Make plans now for TX2K9 in March. I'd love to have 5-6 Mobile area Supras there. Look in the introductions section for Justin87. He's got a really nice looking white 91 in Mobile. We gotta get him, James, Bill, and Richard to get in here.

Last edited:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
darkspeed;1168435 said:
Name: Donnie Spears
[

large.jpg

medium.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Donnie, I didn't realize that you had a nice stock looking car as well. I love the red car on the track, but it looks so unstable off the line. You do a great job keeping it straight.

n2fishin69

Work-a-holic
Jan 25, 2006
Way down South, in Dixie
ForcedTorque;1168820 said:
Jim, you don't know how often I regret selling that car. If I'd have known how good you were gonna make that black look, I'd have kept it. Now we have to get you to bring it out to a meet or two. Make plans now for TX2K9 in March. I'd love to have 5-6 Mobile area Supras there. Look in the introductions section for Kevin87. He's got a really nice looking white 91 in Mobile. We gotta get him, James, Bill, and Richard to get in here.

Scott, you are making me feel bad for buying it. LOL Jessie keeps it looking pretty good. She is always washing it and putting the soul glow on the tires. However, the paint is finally starting to show it's age. We want to get it painted soon, but I would rather put money and time into the motor. It needs work and parts, but I need $$$$. Marshalls Paint and Body in Mobile painted April's Talon and did a pretty nice job on it, so we may get them to paint the Supra when the $$$$ comes. Haven't decided on color(s) yet! It won't be black, that is for sure. We had all kinds of plans for it this year, but we lost the spare car we wanted to use for her daily driver.
Jim

Justin87

Oct 13, 2008
Mobile, AL
Name: Justin
Year of car: 91'
Contact info: PM
City you live in: Mobile
Hobbies: Cars, video games, things that go boom
Upgrades to your car: Rice muffler and red calipers!

New owner here! I will definitely try to make the texas meet. always wanted to go to one of those. I will hopefully be gte equipped by then!
p1169342_1.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
ForcedTorque;1169444 said:
Til his wife slapped him and took it away! It's still one of 2 beautiful Supras at the Hayes house. I really think it needs it's white wheels back too.

Hers is an '89 Scott. I traded mine in on a new F150 about five years ago. I went without a supra for almost three months and then I had to have another one..........:evil2:

Ryan, now you see how I roll.............:biglaugh:

Jeff, Ian, John, or Duane could have stickied it, but I would guess it was Jeff, aka Racerxj220.

03bamaGT

Sep 20, 2008
Bham
I was looking for it in the SE section and couldn't find it...then I saw the sticky...Definitely felt like a noob haha.

jmoneydtb

Old Skool Kool Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
Name: James Johnston
Year of car: 87 turbo
Hobbies: Drag racing, computer stuff, etc.
Upgrades to your car: Titan 1.4mm MHG, ARP studs, LWF, Ebay FMIC, Greddy(ish) BOV, custom exhaust, NA intake cam, manual boost controller, and MAP-ECU is on the way!

Old, no current pics at this time, but no changes visually, except the fmic, autometer sticker under turbo badge removed, and new muffler.

blksupratt

Aug 28, 2007
theodore, al
Name:Bill Stringfellow
Year of car: 94 TT
Hobbies: Drag racing, and working on cars.
Upgrades to your car: This could take a while,lol. sp turbo kit with T04r turbo, greddy 4 row, tial 50mm bov, hks 60mm wastegate, 3 inch turbo back exhuast, modified dual feed factory fuel rail, hks 272 cams, ported stock intake manifold, Th-400 with a 4000 rpm stall, titan solid rear diff mounts, map ecu, and some others that I know I left out, james will think of them.lol.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

no new pics right now, I will get some after I get done repairing some things from the unfortunate incident this past friday night, at least it ran a new best of 6.38@99.79 through the 1/8th mile, had a transmission line break and had a small fire nothing too bad though.

Bill

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
This car is a beast!

No comments about the Neon please, Tony is a great guy, and that's a pretty damn fast neon. Those are the two cars that were present when my grey car went down.

Bill, you should hang out here a little more often. The MKIV section is growing. And your 2J knowledge would be helpful as there are becoming many more 2J MKIII's. You should also post a pic of the SC.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Great looking car Bill. I"m glad you posted up some pictures of it. You can post up some of the track videos if you have some as well. Maybe post them up in another thread though if you want too.

blksupratt

Aug 28, 2007
theodore, al

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Those are some impressive times. My car isn't much on the dragstrip at all. Automatics are definately FTW when it comes to racing and everyday driving. I wish I had a good th350 in mine with a set of 3.5gears for the higher rpms. That's what I will end up going with some day and then maybe I can make a ten second pass. I think my car will make enough power to do that, but I doubt I ever get the five speed to hook up good enough. We'll see one day though.

03bamaGT

Sep 20, 2008
Bham
Those are some great vids Bill.

Jay, if you get sticky enough tires and are confident in your clutch then you could get into the 10s easy. Although a TH would be a lot easier.