Should i buy this car!!

supra_fast

FN Fast
May 13, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
i really want to get back into a supra. i sold mine over a year ago and really want another one. i thought buying a brand new mazdaspeed 6 would compesate for not having a supra but i still miss it. anywho i dont want a 7m i would like to get a 1j but where i live its hard to find one. i can across this and i dont no anything about the 1g-gte. any advice on this car would be great. is it hard to find performance and regular parts? reliable? anything i should no or do?

This is the site. look for the supra with the 1g-gte
http://www.tyeeimports.com/
1989 Toyota Supra TD06 Turbo 1G-GTE ENGINE 2.1 Litre inline 6 cyl

LMK

thanks

Travis

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
The 1G is the economy version that was only available in Japan. 2.0L inline 6, twin turbo.

I'd pass, personally. Parts will be even harder to get than 1J parts, it will be a narrow body and RHD.

Pariah

Mar 28, 2007
Kamloops, BC, Canada
supra_fast;885627 said:
i really want to get back into a supra. i sold mine over a year ago and really want another one. i thought buying a brand new mazdaspeed 6 would compesate for not having a supra but i still miss it. anywho i dont want a 7m i would like to get a 1j but where i live its hard to find one. i can across this and i dont no anything about the 1g-gte. any advice on this car would be great. is it hard to find performance and regular parts? reliable? anything i should no or do?

This is the site. look for the supra with the 1g-gte
http://www.tyeeimports.com/
1989 Toyota Supra TD06 Turbo 1G-GTE ENGINE 2.1 Litre inline 6 cyl

LMK

thanks

Travis

just wait a little why tyee gets new cars all the time. plus there are a few other importers around your area too.

actually after checking the site they actually have a 1j in transit(with recaro and shadow grey)

supra_fast

FN Fast
May 13, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
where do you see one in transit? i think the one you are looking at is in stock. you have to look under the car to see if its in stock or not. that ones body is kinda messed up. front bumper is broke, fender dented, missing spoiler and some of the moulding is missing. i reall want a super clean one to start. my last one was in kinda rough shape body wise and i hated trying to make it clean.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
I would buy a narrow body just for the unique factor. However, parts for that 1G would be way too hard to find. Wait for a better buy.