Shine's Spec V Diffuser debut

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
figgie;1362969 said:
umm is this a group buy/intrest thread???

Ummm. No????

SupraOfDoom;1363172 said:
Tell them to hurry up ( I know they are busy :p ). You can count me in on a gb as long as its in cf. I emailed them on making the ab-flug sides and rear add-ons in cf but never got a reply.

They can make the abflug sides and rear add-ons in CF, just put in an order. You'll probably paying about $100 more for CF than the frp part, but don't quote me on that when you talk to Shine.

Most likely, the rear diffuser will only be made in CF. I'll talk to Shine about a rear diffuser group buy. If Shine wants to do a group buy, then I'll start a thread.

Shine gets a ton of emails, so it's better for you to post in the appropriate section of http://www.forum.shineautoproject.com/, if you want to reach out them.

Last edited:

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
iceberg319;1363466 said:
i want this diffuser already! :)

btw i emailed them about the abflug front lip in CF and they never got back to me, i guess ill try calling them tomorrow

The fastest way to reach Shine is

AOL Instant Messenger: ShineProjectKen

Warpath

Help me Jeebus!!
Oct 28, 2008
St.Louis
rodel;1362928 said:
No price yet. Two versions of this diffuser is gonna be available.

1. The one that is shown on my car
2. A wider version.

A mold of the one on my car still needs to be created.

They broke the mold on your car!!! ;)

When will Pic's be available for the wider version?

-Jim

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Warpath;1363492 said:
They broke the mold on your car!!! ;)

When will Pic's be available for the wider version?

-Jim

The wider one looks the same, but it is about 3" wider. That mold is done already.

The one on my car is the narrow version, which does not have a mold yet. I used the narrow one because the wider one didn't fit with my muffler.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
SupraOfDoom;1363512 said:
Narrow one looks fine to me. I'll have to see them side by side.

They look the same, except you'll see one that is 3" inches wider. LOL. If my big muffler wasn't in the way, I would've used the wider version.

Warpath

Help me Jeebus!!
Oct 28, 2008
St.Louis
rodel;1363520 said:
They look the same, except you'll see one that is 3" inches wider. LOL. If my big muffler wasn't in the way, I would've used the wider version.

I have a Blitz Nur muffler, is that too big a muffler for the wide version?

-Jim

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
Any pics of the end against the tank? I wanted to see how the transition looks.

I'm looking for some ideas to add high speed stability and a diffuser may be a help.

Nice looking car OP. Will shine prepaint any of their stuff? (I'm a Noob to bodywork)
Brian

Last edited:

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
prsrcokr;1378303 said:
Any pics of the end against the tank? I wanted to see how the transition looks.

I'm looking for some ideas to add high speed stability and a diffuser may be a help.

Nice looking car OP. Will shine prepaint any of their stuff? (I'm a Noob to bodywork)
Brian

This is the best pic I have as far as the tank.

Shine does not prepaint their parts. Their fiberglass parts have a black gel coat on the outside.

p1378370_1.jpg

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
figgie;1362154 said:
Oh that is easy.

NONE!

So basically all you are REALLY doing is adding weight to an already heavy pig.

So if you want it for looks. Hey more power for you. Functionality? Sure, adding weight and that is about it.

Any questions?

figgie;1362924 said:
i rather lighten the front up. Easy to do when chucking the oem electrical system. ;) more weight is never a good thing.

Dam right I want to add the little weight my car for the looks. F*** the electrical make it look fast and then make it fast.

Im in. No MoTeC needed here ;)...........................yet:p