Shine's Spec V Diffuser debut

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
The diffuser makes a big impact at the rear of the car. It hides most of the gas tank. Goes well with the Abflug sides. Installation is a breeze. 15 minutes, tops.

Undiffused
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Diffused
There are two versions. The first is 24 inches wide. The 2nd is 28 inches wide. I have the 24 inch version because of the size of my muffler. For those with more clearance, you could use the 29 inch.
p1316292_1.jpg

p1316292_2.jpg

p1316292_3.jpg

p1316292_4.jpg

Last edited:

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Doward;1316297 said:
How far under does it extend?

Length wise, it extends a little past the gas tank. As far as ground clearance, you'll have plenty because the diffuser actually hugs the gas tank.

The fins, the part that you see on the pictures are 5.5" tall.

JZa80;1316310 said:
looks real good. more pics!!!!

I'll add more pics when we take shots from beneath the car, when the car is on a lift.

tbcmorris;1316315 said:
how much and how long do i have to wait i want it now!!!!!

There is no price on this yet.

How long will you have to wait? Stay tuned for more news.

tbcmorris;1316317 said:
the sides arent part of it are they??
When you say sides, I'll assume you meant the rear add-ons. The rear add-ons are not part of the diffuser; they are Abflug rears. Perhaps we'll do a group buy on a combo: diffuser + Abflug sides.

Guyana00;1316336 said:
Sides are ab-flug add-ons.

Can you possibly get a pic from the side or angle side-back pic or two? Looks good.
Yes..stay tuned.

Last edited:

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
The diffuser might not be "the one"...but the this black car is all the money!
Awasome car...:biglaugh:
With a lot of parts on the exterior....well joined and matched together!
A show car!

p.s. The diffuser is not bad at all...reminds me the top secret one for the mk4s

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Warpath;1316651 said:
Looks great! Do you have any pic's of the spec v without the Abflug sides?

I wouldn't do the sides but the under is something I've been interested in for several years now.

Want pics not on a car and pics with better lighting so we can tell what is what - not just some black thing under a black car in a shadow at night.

steveo

Dec 15, 2008
Alberta
The diffuser looks great... But I would also like to know how you got your trim the same color of your car. Like glossy...

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
tbcmorris;1316386 said:
rodel a group buy on the diffuser and the abflug addons would be awesome

I'm gonna finish the Bomex Whale tail group buy first, in about 2 weeks. Then I'll work on the Spec V Diffuser group buy.

Warpath;1316651 said:
Looks great! Do you have any pic's of the spec v without the Abflug sides?

Thanks,
Jim

I'll have more pics this week. Stay tuned.

SupraClaou;1316991 said:
The diffuser might not be "the one"...but the this black car is all the money!
Awasome car...:biglaugh:
With a lot of parts on the exterior....well joined and matched together!
A show car!

p.s. The diffuser is not bad at all...reminds me the top secret one for the mk4s

Thanks, Klaountio!

The exterior is not quite done yet. There's a few more things that will be added. More importantly, I need to tidy up my engine bay and complete the interior.

There is more to the Spec V Diffuser: side vortex generators. I still need to test fit them.

KeithH;1317010 said:
I wouldn't do the sides but the under is something I've been interested in for several years now.

Want pics not on a car and pics with better lighting so we can tell what is what - not just some black thing under a black car in a shadow at night.

I'll have more pics this week, Keith.

steveo;1317028 said:
The diffuser looks great... But I would also like to know how you got your trim the same color of your car. Like glossy...

The trim is painted the same color as the car.

Keros;1317029 said:
Is it possible to quantify the gains from this diffuser?

No..this product will not undergo wind tunnel testing. :(

87tomanymods;1317035 said:
looks good where did yo get it
This is a Shineautoproject product