round headlight conversion

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE;1357683 said:
The easiest way to fit them is use 2 low beam lights per housing the high beam housing is longer & bigger.

No, the low beams are longer.

Also, the acura projectors would be in normal housings so they'd look stockish. The Hella's with Hella HID's will run absurd amounts of money that most people don't want to spend. Chinese HID's are shit, plain and simple...

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Poodles;1357311 said:
That is if I don't beat you to it first ;)

Though I think the acura projector swap is a far cheaper solution in the end especially for HID's...

Poodles;1357943 said:

the acura projectors would be in normal housings so they'd look stockish. The Hella's with Hella HID's will run absurd amounts of money that most people don't want to spend. Chinese HID's are shit, plain and simple...

So you weren't talking about creating a dual round headlight conversion.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Both.

The hella's are cost prohibitive for most people IMHO since ONE HID low beam is ~$600, plus the high beams, plus the wiring harness, plus the actual mounting for them... Non-HID is quite a bit cheaper, but you're still looking at quite a bit just for the headlight modules. Still want to make them.

Putting a bi-xenon in a stock style housing is much much cheaper. Will be focusing on them initially as the hellas more than likely won't sell in this economy...

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
I wouldn't want Xenon lights since they are illegal to put on a Supra in my country (has to have automatic level control which the mkIII doesn't have).

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Kristian_Wraae;1358000 said:
I wouldn't want Xenon lights since they are illegal to put on a Supra in my country (has to have automatic level control which the mkIII doesn't have).

German MKIII's have leveling headlights, maybe you can source some of those..?

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Poodles;1357996 said:
Both.

The hella's are cost prohibitive for most people IMHO since ONE HID low beam is ~$600, plus the high beams, plus the wiring harness, plus the actual mounting for them... Non-HID is quite a bit cheaper, but you're still looking at quite a bit just for the headlight modules. Still want to make them.

Putting a bi-xenon in a stock style housing is much much cheaper. Will be focusing on them initially as the hellas more than likely won't sell in this economy...

$600 is the cost of Hella bixenon HID 90mm module that comes with a ballast, so you wouldn't need an additional high beam module. $600 is also the price of the XENON Headlamp, 90mm w/ a ballast, which is not necessary to get.

The economic way of going about a Hella 90mm conversion is using 2 non-HID 90mm low beam module costs and 2 non-HID high beam module. Each module is $60. So doing a quad 90mm module costs $240 + the price of a mount/bezel. Going this route, you could still use H9 HID bulbs.

The bi-xenon projectors inside the stock sealed housing indeed is a cheaper alternative. A pair of OEM bi-xenon projectors costs about $100 - $150....but this alternative does not give you a round headlight conversion that this thread is originally all about :sarcasm:

featcarA20.jpg

Last edited:

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Poodles;1358143 said:
They make a HID low beam for $600...

True...$600 is the cost of the HL68139 XENON Headlamp, 90mm Low Beam, which comes with a ballast. Without the ballast, the Xenon 90MM, Low beam costs $167. The XENON 90mm low beam is for a D2S HID bulb.

The alternate cheaper option is the $60 non-HID 90mm module and put in an H9 HID bulb.

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
rodel;1358145 said:
True...$600 is the cost of the HL68139 XENON Headlamp, 90mm Low Beam, which comes with a ballast. Without the ballast, the Xenon 90MM, Low beam costs $167. The XENON 90mm low beam is for a D2S HID bulb.

The alternate cheaper option is the $60 non-HID 90mm module and put in an H9 HID bulb.

Which is a rebased garbage bulb and the projectors are NOT the same...