• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Congrats on the win Duane!!!

Joseph we will all be watching to see more great things from you. You ran a great race my friend. Too bad I cant +1 your ass cause I so would!!!!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Is it over? I didn't see anything saying he won. I know the poll speaks for itself, but I didn't see a confirmation yet............OH well, Ryan and Tookwik have never been wrong................:biglaugh:

Great looking car Joseph. Hopefully you will keep posting pictures as you work on your car. I think it looks sharp just the way it is, but I also know we're never through fixing them up..............lol

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
Congrats Duane.

Joseph, you should really hold your head up high, that is an amazing car that you've built, alot of people only wish there car was up to the level of yours. It is certainly something for others to strive for.

There has been a lot of misunderstanding in this thread, my thoughts on it all were expressed in my thread. Alot of people don't have alot of money to put into these cars, but we all share a great passion for them. Alot of the younger guys don't have alot of extra income to throw at these cars, in the same breath, alot of the older guys have other things they must spend their money on, kids, mortgage payments, etc. What sets MKIII owners apart from others is that we are all hands on guys, we all bust our knuckles, I don't know of any that simply go out and write checks to have someone else build their cars.

One thing that we all have in common is this stupid love affair that we have with these cars, why else would we put up with the abuse and heartache they dish out?

Great job guys,
-Lance

2jzmk3

Boost Lee said:
Well, you DID sound like a dick and I really don't think it was necessary to say all of that. TEMS was an option from the factory, not a give-a-way, so he's, in reality, just stating that his car had that option. I see NO problem with that. As far as the Redline Oil and Water wetter goes,....it's just two things that will improve, in some sort of way, the cars performance, durability, etc.

From the way the polls are looking right now, It seems that he *will* clearly win, but that doesn't necessary mean that his car IS better. It's all about different tastes, different opinions and boils down to fine-detail. I know that you weren't trying to *sound like a dick*...but it really wasn't necessary to state all of that.

Jeff
come on you cant be serious with what you just said! im actually glad i sounded like a dick then, listen, this is a ROTY correct? then actual mods have to be listed, im taking anything away from josephs car, but i do not count plugs, oil, or coolant a mod, im sorry....retorquing the head a mod? come on be serious... it that was the case i have 1 full page of mods i will never list.. The point i was trying to make is that maybe you should put josephs car against another mk3 that it would be a better comparision with..
60k mk3 and 20k mk3 is pretty far apart!

sorry if i offended anyone or anyones car, i actually love them all.. BUT you need to either have classes to make it fair or something along those lines..
maybe

best NA
best interior
best exterior
cleanest engine bay

Then like a overall type award

because that is unfair for Duane to win every year.

not just one award..because besides Ron, Duane, and Me.. i don't know of to many other mk3 guys spending $80,000+ on a 23 year old car.
have an award so some of the other guys, who don't have disposable income like us a chance to win, because when i was busting my ass making $8 a hour, i spent every dime to modify my car, and you of loved to get some kind of recognition...
Again i dont want it to seem like i am making me or duane stand out from the rest of everyone...
im just saying some of us, has alot more money into our cars, and if it somes down to it, it will be the same 3-4 people..

i hope you guys see my point, and try to fix this for next years awards.

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
Since this is ROTY it is for the overall best car of this years winners and a few honerable mentions.

The Drawing were done Randomly to make it fair.

If you look at it either way people will be up against a big dog at some point. It's an elimination ROTY so as we widdle down people will come up againts eachother anyways

All the Cars are great in there own resect. It's not about the $$$$ Spent on the car. You can easy throw money at a problem, and still end up with nothing. I am in no way, saying that anyones car is not suitable. I just wanted to point out that someone who spent very little on their car and kept it stock but perfect, might end up winning. Who knows at this point

The Next Match' are coming up tomorrow :biglaugh:

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
GrimJack said:
STOP bumping threads that are 10 months old.

He tried to post a for sale thread tonight, and has been trying to up his post count with up to a post a minute after Reign_Maker shut him down...

I banned him an set his post count to zero. Look at his list of posted messages. He's been postwhoring all night...

Lesson people: Post counts are about participation in the community. Pull shit like this and you'll regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.