Who should get the honor of ROTY?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

supra8903

Jan 12, 2006
Latham, NY
i know, duanes ftw, ill even say so. It sucks im out in the first round, but im getting knocked out by the best.
There should be a losers bracket.

joe

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
supra8903 said:
i know, duanes ftw, ill even say so. It sucks im out in the first round, but im getting knocked out by the best.
There should be a losers bracket.

joe

If anything, this should give you some insentive to jsut make your car even nicer, well, idk if thats possible.

-#1 fan :)

Larry_A

You don't matter
Apr 7, 2005
SoCAL
chriso said:
The red car is beautiful. Duane's car is equally impressive as far as mods and performance goes, but I have to lean towards the hard work, scraped knuckles and blood put into the red car !!! You go man !!!!
Hello Chriso,
Hard work? You're kidding, right? Duane has put 1000s of hours into his Supra.
Interestingly enough, his dedication & results transcend mere time devoted, blood let, skin lost, and $ spent.

I'm fortunate to have had the privilege of being part of the tech support team for the CF/X Supra at Willow Springs for the SCC OldSchool shootout. No blood on this trip, but plenty of sweat. Duane drove over 1300 miles to submit the CF/X Supra to balls-to-the-walls driving against serious competition, to be documented in an international publication. We had to deal with a litany of issues, not to mention the freezing conditions at the track.

Duane started off the day by washing the car right after sun-up & it was colder than a witch's tit. Cohorts John & son were helping him as I pulled up to the car wash after the fact.

Throughout that day...swapping plugs, a troublesome hall sensor connection, swapping gas, getting the suspension dialed-in, keeping an eye on a young overzealous helper, realizing the weakest tires of the bunch could not be overcome, etc.

The next day we left my house for a long drive to the dyno, and the empty toll road was a real treat, only to end at a crappy awd dyno with tiny drums that made tuning the TEC a tough nut to crack with almost no load, nitrous was fruitless. Do brain-aches count as hard work? After the dyno, we had to travel back for a grueling 7 hour long photo session 'til 1AM in the barrio of Santa Ana for the awesome pics landing in the SCC mag.

To conclude this already too-lengthy story, Duane stopped @ Sac on the way back to Canada, and punished the CF/X Supra again, until it finally broke. Now, he's come back with another engine, a bigger T & bigger injectors...from adversity to over the top. Fu<#ing ey, if that doesn't speak volumes to the guy, I don't know...what could?

Duane was able to revive MkIII recognition outside of the Supra community, and he keeps coming back for more. I'm done now.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
chriso said:
I guess I should have worded it differently. I'm not saying at all that Duane hasn't shed his share of blood and blue fingernails for his ride. !

He's already said he should have worded it differently. Glad to see friends of Duane's coming to his rescue, although I think he's pretty much got it covered. Everyone needs friends to watch their back...............lol

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Thanks for the votes guys and gals :) I really appreciate these cars and will continue to do my best to keep the MKIII alive and known by going to various events, drag racing and car shows!

My knuckles are bloody sore right about now with all my hard work that has been put in :biglaugh: ;)

Thanks
Duane

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
upgradedsupra said:
Thanks for the votes guys and gals :) I really appreciate these cars and will continue to do my best to keep the MKIII alive and known by going to various events, drag racing and car shows!

My knuckles are bloody sore right about now with all my hard work that has been put in :biglaugh: ;)

Thanks
Duane
Bloody sore from eating that steak yesterday...
:biglaugh:
only took ya like 5 hours.
:icon_surp

chriso

Supranian
Apr 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
Larry_A said:
Hello Chriso,
Hard work? You're kidding, right? Duane has put 1000s of hours into his Supra.
Interestingly enough, his dedication & results transcend mere time devoted, blood let, skin lost, and $ spent.

I'm fortunate to have had the privilege of being part of the tech support team for the CF/X Supra at Willow Springs for the SCC OldSchool shootout. No blood on this trip, but plenty of sweat. Duane drove over 1300 miles to submit the CF/X Supra to balls-to-the-walls driving against serious competition, to be documented in an international publication. We had to deal with a litany of issues, not to mention the freezing conditions at the track.

Duane started off the day by washing the car right after sun-up & it was colder than a witch's tit. Cohorts John & son were helping him as I pulled up to the car wash after the fact.

Throughout that day...swapping plugs, a troublesome hall sensor connection, swapping gas, getting the suspension dialed-in, keeping an eye on a young overzealous helper, realizing the weakest tires of the bunch could not be overcome, etc.

The next day we left my house for a long drive to the dyno, and the empty toll road was a real treat, only to end at a crappy awd dyno with tiny drums that made tuning the TEC a tough nut to crack with almost no load, nitrous was fruitless. Do brain-aches count as hard work? After the dyno, we had to travel back for a grueling 7 hour long photo session 'til 1AM in the barrio of Santa Ana for the awesome pics landing in the SCC mag.

To conclude this already too-lengthy story, Duane stopped @ Sac on the way back to Canada, and punished the CF/X Supra again, until it finally broke. Now, he's come back with another engine, a bigger T & bigger injectors...from adversity to over the top. Fu<#ing ey, if that doesn't speak volumes to the guy, I don't know...what could?

Duane was able to revive MkIII recognition outside of the Supra community, and he keeps coming back for more. I'm done now.
jeez....I already explained that it should've been worded differently. I guess I should have just assumed that some people would take it completely out of context, perhaps out of ignorance or just pure arguments sake. I never said that Duane didn't put hard work into his car now did I? I know he did and I won't get into patronizing because we all know his car is one of few on this and other sites that gets quite a bit of play time. His magazine shots and dedication to pushing the 7M limits speaks volumes in his perserverence and mechanical abilities. Perhaps if I had just said that I prefer red cars over white, would that have created havoc???
Sorry for the misinterpretation Duane....and I trust that you, for one, didn't take this the wrong way, it was not meant in any way to slander. I'm done now.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I apologize Chriso. I'm the first one to take it out of context. Duane's buddy was just coming to his rescue, but he really didn't need rescueing. Sorry to clutter up your comptetition Duane..................lol

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
No worries guys..I am sitting back here just laughing :) I think it could be taken a lil differently since you did say that you haved to go for the hard work and such which would insinuate that mine wasn't..but.. let's not clutter things up. All Supras on this site are great but everyone has different tastes than others. I generally don't like red cars but took's/Rajunz is pretty nice. (especially the bay !)

So you don't like white do you? Are you racist :biglaugh: LOL (this is a JOKE :icon_bigg )

Duane

2jzmk3

bobiseverywhere said:
I will post some info about the cars. Just Click on the Thumbnail for more Pictures of each Car. Before warned. Some of the pictures can be LARGE. Read it over and think it over. you can only vote once on each match.

This Poll and vote is open to people campaning for particular people.

If the Contestants wish to add in some additional info that is all fair game. Videos or your cars, Aditional Information and campaining is all allowed.

In The Blue Corner we Have

Name: Joseph
SM User Name: Supra8903

Car Description The"ADVAN” Supra

Year/Color/Model: 1989/ Red Mica/ Turbo

joesephspecs.jpg

And In the Red Corner

Name: Duane
SM User Name: Upgradedsupra

Car Description: The CFX Supra
Year/Color/Model: 1989/ Hardtop/ Turbo

duanespecs.jpg

not to sound like a dick, but duanes car clearly will win this one.. josephs car is nice dont get me worng, but redline oil, and water wetter dont really count as mods to me, as well as TEMS.. thats a factory option. that like listing spark plugs and gas as a mod..

seems like a unfair match to me.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
2jzmk3 said:
not to sound like a dick, but duanes car clearly will win this one.. josephs car is nice dont get me worng, but redline oil, and water wetter dont really count as mods to me, as well as TEMS.. thats a factory option. that like listing spark plugs and gas as a mod..

seems like a unfair match to me.

Well, you DID sound like a dick and I really don't think it was necessary to say all of that. TEMS was an option from the factory, not a give-a-way, so he's, in reality, just stating that his car had that option. I see NO problem with that. As far as the Redline Oil and Water wetter goes,....it's just two things that will improve, in some sort of way, the cars performance, durability, etc.

From the way the polls are looking right now, It seems that he *will* clearly win, but that doesn't necessary mean that his car IS better. It's all about different tastes, different opinions and boils down to fine-detail. I know that you weren't trying to *sound like a dick*...but it really wasn't necessary to state all of that.

Jeff

Last edited:

supra8903

Jan 12, 2006
Latham, NY
i know whos car is better... i have said it in previous posts...... it just sucks getting kicked in the 1st round. As far as my mods go.... im 21, full time student and broke as hell. I buy carparts berfore i put food in my fridge. I put everthing i can into my car and it is a honor to have a nomination. There is no need for the shitty comments...... like the voting says.... he will win and SHOULD win.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I think 99% of the people on here love your car Joseph. I've already said it once. You just got unlucky and drew the short straw. It's hard to support a supra addiction just keeping it running, and when you add in extra things like mods, upgrades, new wheels, it gets really expensive. Hopefully you'll learn not to take too much that is said on the internet personally. Usually it's coming from someone that wouldn't say shit to you in person. A lot of people get braver with the use of a keyboard............lol

MA70Supra88

Boostless
Mar 31, 2005
Boerne, TX
supra8903 said:
i know whos car is better... i have said it in previous posts...... it just sucks getting kicked in the 1st round. As far as my mods go.... im 21, full time student and broke as hell. I buy carparts berfore i put food in my fridge. I put everthing i can into my car and it is a honor to have a nomination. There is no need for the shitty comments...... like the voting says.... he will win and SHOULD win.
This is exactly how I feel. I think there is something to be said for someone that is in college and broke but still manages to have an extremely nice car; we simply cannot compete with those that have the financial means to build something like some of these guys have. The dedication and hard work are still there, and I think even more so in some cases.

It's really hard to read some of these "obviously ______" or "no contest" comments people make when you take so much pride in your car.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
MA70Supra88 said:
The dedication and hard work are still there, and I think even more so in some cases.

How can you make a comment like this when you don't know the full extend of the story or any facts.
How about this. My car sits at Ron's for most of the year..What do I do?!! I drove down for a year. Every month I drove 1000 miles a month just to go work on it. Not to mention the gas, food, and time away from home making life difficult with my Marriage. (Wife is mostly understanding I thank GOD for that.)

As far as dedication is concerned..here is another lil part of the story.
I can't even explain to what it has been like for me and the dedication it took to get my car to where it is....I will tell you. I have a wife that used to get upset almost everyday and life was not good (I had two performance cars at that time) I gave one up. I have gone through a couple of shops getting my work done before I decede to do it myself after being more familar with it. (had to redo alot of the work done at that shop) I spend hours on top of hours on the engine bay with every lil detail. From running wires through the frame rail to buying new wiper arms, nuts and bolts and the list goes on. My car has not seen a SHOP IN YEARS. myself, Ron, Nate, Tom and a few others have helped me along the way getting my where it is today.

I could really write a book on what it took to do all of this. I really could. Just read Larry A's post and he gave you guy's a lil feel of what it took.

Now stop making statements of things like this please and leave it alone. If it is going to be like this I would just rather step down from all of this crap. I am sick of it.

Duane

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.