• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Don't let it bother you Duane, I'm sure 99% of everybody understands. It was a long road for me, with lots more to go. I think if people cant be positive in these threads they should STFU though, if you want to say you like someone's car better, thats one thing. But i would guess most guys with the sweet rides all went through similar difficulties financially, labor, and time wise. If somebody says Duanes car is nicer than mine, no contest in their mind, it doesnt bother me a bit nor does it seem to bother Joseph either. Keep it positive!

Edit...I probably will say something negative when it's my turn , but only to those who know well enough I'm kidding and can take a joke;)

Last edited:

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
Larry_A said:
Hello Chriso,
Hard work? You're kidding, right? Duane has put 1000s of hours into his Supra.
Interestingly enough, his dedication & results transcend mere time devoted, blood let, skin lost, and $ spent.

I'm fortunate to have had the privilege of being part of the tech support team for the CF/X Supra at Willow Springs for the SCC OldSchool shootout. No blood on this trip, but plenty of sweat. Duane drove over 1300 miles to submit the CF/X Supra to balls-to-the-walls driving against serious competition, to be documented in an international publication. We had to deal with a litany of issues, not to mention the freezing conditions at the track.

Duane started off the day by washing the car right after sun-up & it was colder than a witch's tit. Cohorts John & son were helping him as I pulled up to the car wash after the fact.

Throughout that day...swapping plugs, a troublesome hall sensor connection, swapping gas, getting the suspension dialed-in, keeping an eye on a young overzealous helper, realizing the weakest tires of the bunch could not be overcome, etc.

The next day we left my house for a long drive to the dyno, and the empty toll road was a real treat, only to end at a crappy awd dyno with tiny drums that made tuning the TEC a tough nut to crack with almost no load, nitrous was fruitless. Do brain-aches count as hard work? After the dyno, we had to travel back for a grueling 7 hour long photo session 'til 1AM in the barrio of Santa Ana for the awesome pics landing in the SCC mag.

To conclude this already too-lengthy story, Duane stopped @ Sac on the way back to Canada, and punished the CF/X Supra again, until it finally broke. Now, he's come back with another engine, a bigger T & bigger injectors...from adversity to over the top. Fu<#ing ey, if that doesn't speak volumes to the guy, I don't know...what could?

Duane was able to revive MkIII recognition outside of the Supra community, and he keeps coming back for more. I'm done now.

:cry: OMG, only a OC guy would say Santa Ana has a "bario" and it was "freezing" in Southern California. :biglaugh:

Props to Duane, but lets keep it real :biglaugh:

Last edited:

Larry_A

You don't matter
Apr 7, 2005
SoCAL
chriso said:
jeez....I already explained that it should've been worded differently. I guess I should have just assumed that some people would take it completely out of context, perhaps out of ignorance or just pure arguments sake. I never said that Duane didn't put hard work into his car now did I?.....
Hello Chriso,
The post I replied to was not taken out of context as the inference was replete with comparison; whether you actually meant it, or not. If you didn't mean it, fine- let it go & move on. I said what I felt, so I'm good.

FWIW: My post began before you posted your follow-up message, so I did not benefit from your addendum before my submission. Even so, nowhere did I theorize that anyone was ignorant or argumentative. You certainly did.

Let's dispense with this pettiness & allow the poll to conclude peacefully...all of the guys in the running deserve that much.

MA70Supra88

Boostless
Mar 31, 2005
Boerne, TX
upgradedsupra said:
How can you make a comment like this when you don't know the full extend of the story or any facts.
I think you have taken my post a bit differently than how I intended it to come across. I never said you weren't dedicated, Duane. When I made that statement I used the word some. This does not mean all or even most.

It's not the fact that people are saying one car is nicer than the other. There is just no need for the thoughtless comments that some have been making in these threads, no matter who they are directed towards. I am the last person interested in drama; please understand that I did not intend to start anything with that post.

I have no doubt that you put a lot of hard work and dedication into building your car; it really is amazing and you represent this community extremely well. It is my belief that you will win this entire ROTY competition and that you deserve to win it. Please understand, however, that I support those of us that are young and working hard to pay for school and other things yet still find a way to build/maintain a nice vehicle.

You have received endless praise and support on this forum; it would be sad if you were to "step down from all this crap." Just understand that those of us that got destroyed by 4 to 1 in the first round aren't exactly going feel great about it.

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Lets not get all carried away with this thing guys. Nobody has any way to measure things like "dedication" or anything of the sort. Making statements like this only fuels defensiveness and arguments, and is one sure way to make sure the general membership will not get the opportunity to choose ROTY again. Common courtesy says that only statements of pure opinion are appropriate here, and while it's fair to say you like one car more than the other, bashing somebody's hard work or questioning their passion is way out of place. Best thing is to forget previous improper posts and start having fun again. And remember, anybody who has earned ROTM has done somthing pretty amazing - there are so many incredible cars represeted on this site and being singled out for even a month proves solid work and dedication. :)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Hey guys, if he wants to step down, who are we to try and stop him?................:biglaugh:

Come on Duane, you know that was too easy to pass up.................;)

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Shytheed Dumas said:
Lets not get all carried away with this thing guys. Nobody has any way to measure things like "dedication" or anything of the sort. Making statements like this only fuels defensiveness and arguments, and is one sure way to make sure the general membership will not get the opportunity to choose ROTY again. Common courtesy says that only statements of pure opinion are appropriate here, and while it's fair to say you like one car more than the other, bashing somebody's hard work or questioning their passion is way out of place. Best thing is to forget previous improper posts and start having fun again. And remember, anybody who has earned ROTM has done somthing pretty amazing - there are so many incredible cars represeted on this site and being singled out for even a month proves solid work and dedication. :)

I completely agree. I don't know what else I could possibly say that you haven't...so I'll just speak from heart.

It is very clear that these ROTM winners, both previous & current, have put forward TRUE dedication, time & money that many of us on in the community wish to do. That is why you guys have come forward to represent our community. I don't think it's even necessary to add up all the hours contributed to your car, nor the amount of money that has been put aside just for your car...because in the end, your end product (or still growing, for some), is what shows...and with that, I don't think ANYONE, in their own mind, can put down any of these contestants for what they have done. Duane and Larry, as well as a few others, have laid down very bold points, which I do respect...but I would really hate to see any hate or anger grow out of all this. After all, this is just a friendly competiton.

I'm hardly a nobody to this community, but I do know what sort of work and dedication it takes to put together a masterpiece...and for that, as silly as this sounds, you are ALL winners to me.

Good luck to you all. :icon_razz

Jeff

supra8903

Jan 12, 2006
Latham, NY
really..... there is no need for all of this. HIS CAR IS BETTER AND WILL WIN. I know that, just let it be.

if ya wanna say somthing nice about my car that is ok...:icon_bigg

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
For the record supra8903, my comment wasn't to knock your car. Its the way people are acting that I'm laughing at :). It's a victory and honor for all 12 of us to be selected out of 3000+ cars :icon_bigg

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
kwnate said:
For the record supra8903, my comment wasn't to knock your car. Its the way people are acting that I'm laughing at :). It's a victory and honor for all 12 of us to be selected out of 3000+ cars :icon_bigg

My sentiments exactly. I hope to earn my way to being one of the precious few one day. Only time, money and effort will tell... :icon_bigg

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Im glad this thread has got the warm fuzzies again!!!!:love:

Oh did I mention I love all you guys in my own Gay Ass Way!!!! :biglaugh:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
tookwik4u89 said:
I want to see some blue vs. blue damn it!:evil2:

We don't have blue on blue violence. The blue supra owners are lovers and not fighters....................:naughty:

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
suprahero said:
The blue supra owners are lovers
HAHAHAHA....I'm picturing dasoup sitting on your lap as you stroke his hair telling him "It will be all right" as the votes come in.;):momaru:

:yelrotflm :yelrotflm :love: :love:

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
You sir may need help............with an avatar like yours, you'd rather picture me and DaSoup holding each other.................. :crazy1:

Call this lady right here. I think she can help you. Her name is Mrs. Whatchathinkin and her number is 1-800-BLU-WINS.
She's one of the best shrinks in the buisiness.................;)

supra8903

Jan 12, 2006
Latham, NY
kwnate said:

I know you wernt knocking it...... i just wanted the BS to end

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Congrats big "D"!!

Congrats to Joseph as well on a great job of restoring that car. Im not a huge burgundy fan, but the body work on that is quality, it looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.