Red 91' turbo targa auto :( (gallery) updated pics on post 34

What would you do with this 91 if you bought it for a really gooooood deal?

• Keep it, fix it, drive it

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • part it, and make some $$

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Well here is the sup I just pick up last night. It turned out to be a 91' (on the phone the guy said it was a 92) turbo, targa, gray leather but it is a auto :cry:. It is a little rougher then I wanted it to be so I will probably just part it out. Just wanted to post a couple quick pics. of it. The leather looks like pretty much every 20 year old supra leather, all ripped up. I guess a deer found the front pass side so that is why the hood is sprung, front bumper (I think) is cracked and head light is of of a black sup.

p1373005_1.jpg

p1373005_2.jpg

p1373005_3.jpg

p1373005_4.jpg

Last edited:

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
RazoE;1373023 said:
does it have a stock CD player..?

dibs on it..!:biglaugh:

aside from cosmetics, what's wrong with it..?

I will check that out after this post. I havent had much time to look at her. just loaded her up and brought it home.

ERA;1373033 said:
Looks like it got punched in the face.

:ROFL: the deer punch it and gave it a black eye

gtsfirefighter;1373038 said:
:biglaugh:
I was thinking the same thing. It's got a black eye.

What's up with the truck tire on the front left? Let's see more pics. Does it run and drive ok? Hate to see another one parted but so be it.

The sup starts right up and idles great, nice and smooth. You can guess what is wrong...............:bhg: lol. But the previous owner parked right when the bhg happened and had plans to fix it but like every one else, he ran out of $$$$. So there is about 5 min of engine run time with the BHG. I havent drove it yet besides on and off the trailer. ( I want to save the motor) But it went right into gear and feels ok.

I might warm it up and drive around the block quick to see if the turbo spools up. Yes, I will check the oil level first ;)

Im going to go and clean her up a little so when I check back in I will all the pics you guys want. Just ask and I will post a pic of it, lol

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Yep the car is getting parted unless some one shows up here with $1k cash.

The dash and interior is shadow gray!!! No cd player, power steering Im guessing leaks somewhere (no fluid in resv.)

Im need the mirror switch for my supra. I also need some int. trim but I have med. gray not shadow like this one. At least the dash is mint. It als ohas the 6 1/2 " or what ever size they are speaker pods!!! Be looking for a 91 part out soon. I also feel bad for parting it but the front bumper, hood, drivers door are all shot. and the paint is also shot. I was planning to have the old ladie drive this one because it is a auto, but there will be more.

Any one know if a 91 air bad stering wheel will fit on a 89? This steering wheel is in DAM good shape!!!

on to pics

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1373236_1.jpg

p1373236_2.jpg

p1373236_3.jpg

p1373236_4.jpg

p1373236_5.jpg

p1373236_6.jpg

p1373236_7.jpg

p1373236_8.jpg

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
JDMMA70;1373448 said:
doesnt look THAT bad

You are right, after Sean stoped by and we spent about a hour cleaning and vacuuming it up it really isnt that bad!!! Thank you for the help Funky

funky_monkey58;1373471 said:
Post some Pics of how well the interior has cleaned up thus far, Oh so tempting for you to keep her huh?

Yep I will ;)

emiliorescigno;1373504 said:
I want that car?

Really??? Stop by some time and check her out. We can talk.

Supra28;1373507 said:
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get her for?

Lets say a really gooooooood price, where I wouldn't feel bad spending another grand fixing the seats, HG, window switchs, and spraying some new red paint on the drivers door, head light cover and front bumper my self and keping it as a driver and something other then the G6 to drive for Amanda.

modmonster2008;1373597 said:
i think you should keep it instead of parting out, its a 91 turbo targa, with shadow grey interior, just fix the interior up, get a paint job, and an R154 transmission and you are good to go! :D

I starting to lean towars that way. This paint with a little buffing is already starting to come back to life!!! I would keep it as a auto for the old ladie since I already have a 154 in my supra.

Well guys this is getting harder and harder every day. Last night Amanda sat in her with the targa off and the interior cleaned up and she said she wants me to keep it for her!!! Likes the idea of a red targa and a auto!! And after a little cleaning this car is coming around really good. The body is pretty much rust free, besides the drivers door. There is 2 small surface bubbles but there the size of a dime in the corner of the fender. With regular cleaning they should stay that way. The Targo top looks like the previous owner's GF found it with a key and scratched it all to hell :sarcasm:. But the carpet is still really good and clean.

EDIT: Also we checked out the turbo last night and WOW it is like brand new. There is Zero shaft play and pretty clean!

At the same time I have a list of parts that a few people already are lined up to buy so I can make up the money I spent on the car really fast and maybe even make a few extra $$ that I can spend on my 89! ( large turbo, oiling system, ect.) So now I really dont know what to do!!! Time for a poll I guess!!

Pics!!!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1373883_1.jpg

p1373883_2.jpg

p1373883_3.jpg

And here are the free googies we found in the car wile cleaning her besides the $2 in change

p1373883_4.jpg

a ummm. DVD ;) and a working not cracked heater valve/vsv

Last edited:

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
I say part it out... but only if you sell me the engine!

But seriously, if you decide to part it out, please let me know. I need an engine something fierce, and a BHG doesn't scare me.