Red 91' turbo targa auto :( (gallery) updated pics on post 34

What would you do with this 91 if you bought it for a really gooooood deal?

• Keep it, fix it, drive it

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • part it, and make some $$

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Now not to threadjack but when I bought my 86.5, the interior was trashed. See below.

p1374412_1.jpg

Notice center console and drivers door panel.

p1374412_2.jpg

Now with a little elbow grease, a can of dark grey cloth and vinyl spray paint, a door panel and center console I found in a junkyard, and some leather seats I was lucky enough to find it turned out like this. Originally, I put cloth seats in the front that also came from the junkyard car. Bluechallupa now has them. The dash was horribly discolored but a little paint fixed it right up.

p1374412_3.jpg

p1374412_4.jpg

So my point is, you can clean this car up and make it look great for little money unless you get some new leather seat covers then it'll cost some but will be worth it.

Don't part the car.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Yeah junkyard seats would be great.

Today we went to the junkyard that I knew to have 3 mk3s that I kept a secret for a long time to have nice parts car available and all three of them where crusher food.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
funky_monkey58;1374434 said:
Yeah junkyard seats would be great.

Today we went to the junkyard that I knew to have 3 mk3s that I kept a secret for a long time to have nice parts car available and all three of them where crusher food.

Ya it was pretty sad seeing them there. The red 90+ that was on the bottom of the pile looked to have some really good parts left untell they stacked 5 cars on top of it :cry:

And Every one, Im going to part it out and use the $$ to finish my 89 turbo. I feel bad about parting it But I really dont need another car right now. I have my CTS-V, Supra, 2000' Grand prix GT, mini van (motorcycle & parts mover) and a 76 Harley. All these wheels and only a 2 car stall garage on my house. Also I have the GF's 2008 G6 and the lawn mower that needs a parking spots!!!! Kind of a full house. I will be starting a F/S thread soon. If you want dibs on something send a PM ;)

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
JMofIRW;1374611 said:
drive that thing, its a supra, even if it dont drive good, give it the respect it deserves then part it out!!!!

I will by giving several other supra owners (plus me) a chance to finish there car and drive theres. The GF is already giving me shit for parting it because she wants it. But so far the only thing sold is the windshild motor and soon to be the GTE. If that is all that sells then guess what.............Keep it replace the moter and the GTE with a built one and nothing lost. But we will see. Never the less the ct26 is very good and has my 89 back burning rubber ;)

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Well here is some updated pics of the car I just took them. If some one wants it come and get it free ;). One catch Im keeping the rims. The junk yard is coming tomorrow morning to pick her up so you better be close.

now keep the :flamed: to a min if you will, she was pretty rusted from the in side out!!

p1426520_1.jpg

p1426520_2.jpg

p1426520_3.jpg

p1426520_4.jpg

p1426520_5.jpg

p1426520_6.jpg

And here is Sean taking a saw zal to cut her up

p1426520_7.jpg

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
LOL I taked to kelly today, but I told him to bad the door is already sold, (didnt tell him the price ;) ) but I did save the hatch for him. As least he will get a good hook up on that.

Now just waiting for poo to :kickinthenuts:, lol. i will just have to ask him how many sups he has owned and cut up :p

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Well she is on her way to another resting place. I found my neighbor last night (works for a local yard) and told him he can have the car, and said he will be by in the morning to pick it up.

I got my 89 in the garage just in time for this snow :). I can say the same for the 91 :rofl:

We were going to remove the wheels quick but he said he will just drop them off after work, since it is snowing out. Down there they will just pick it up with a fork lift and zip them off quicker then we could do in the drive way. So at least the wheel will live another day. They might come back to life in gun metal gray and end up on my 89 ;)

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
No prob, I knew you didn't want another toyota lawn ornament up there :p

I felt bad enough that the neighbors had to look at it over night.