Rear BBK anyone?

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
I'd be curious to see how many people bought Dowards brackets vs how many people have actually installed them. That was a good case of selling the bracket only, and letting the buyer choose their own caliper/rotor to suit their budget.

Raven97990

Supramania Contributor
Jul 3, 2005
Georgia
www.speedforsale.com
IBoughtASupra;1792892 said:
With that said, the majority of MKIII owners are cheap and no I have not only found that out because of my vendor status, it has been known for a long time. There are a few that drop into the category that are willing to spend the money.

It was quite a few years ago I made the statement that 96% of mkiii owners are cheap. There are owners that do it right without question, and you will have a customer complain about $5 to cover 5 feet of hose and zip ties.

Brakes are not something to mess with. I really don't understand why people want to cheap out on their life.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Raven97990;1794495 said:
It was quite a few years ago I made the statement that 96% of mkiii owners are cheap. There are owners that do it right without question, and you will have a customer complain about $5 to cover 5 feet of hose and zip ties.

Brakes are not something to mess with. I really don't understand why people want to cheap out on their life.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Well said.

Read my blog entry and make a comment. It's right under my avatar.
<---

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
Bought a set of EVO calipers and ordered a set of brembo drilled rotors :) I will probably be using Hawk pads like the ones I have for the fronts. This will perfectly match my Brembo fronts :D
Glad I found this thread.

sylquebec

Mar 23, 2008
Quebec
Any updates on the front bbk? Sethron is releasing his kit right now and i want to see both kit/offer before taking a decision

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
I'm finally done installing mine. I went with brembo rotors. Ordered the calipers from Centric, loaded with pads but I replaced them with hawk. Got new fittings and had lines made, the evo lines did not work for me as they rub wheel lip. Installed extended arp wheel studs while I was at it, also replaced brake shoes with new set.

rear1.jpgrear2.jpgrear3.jpgrear4.jpgrear5.jpg

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
I was curious to see if the Centric parts are actually Brembo or not, good to see that they are. If you can find a set of cheap cores, they are well worth buying from Centric, but my core charge locally was $120/caliper. I found a pair of calipers on ebay for $150.

PureDrifter

VIP Cruisin'...
Aug 11, 2009
CA
www.clublexus.com
jt2ma71;1806204 said:
I'm finally done installing mine. I went with brembo rotors. Ordered the calipers from Centric, loaded with pads but I replaced them with hawk. Got new fittings and had lines made, the evo lines did not work for me as they rub wheel lip. Installed extended arp wheel studs while I was at it, also replaced brake shoes with new set.

View attachment 55791View attachment 55792View attachment 55793View attachment 55794View attachment 55795

mind posting the fittings you ended up needing for reference?

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
Enraged;1806249 said:
I was curious to see if the Centric parts are actually Brembo or not, good to see that they are. If you can find a set of cheap cores, they are well worth buying from Centric, but my core charge locally was $120/caliper. I found a pair of calipers on ebay for $150.

Yes, they are brembos, just powder coated black. The fittings I needed for the calipers are 10mmx1mm crush washer type seal to dash 3 an male. Then the fittings for the hardline to dash 3 an, I'm not sure of the female end size as I used some that I had in the garage already. The lines are 1ft end to end with straight ends.

Dani87x

OATHKEEPER III%
Oct 11, 2009
Miami FL
1a1c2ac7_owl-orly.jpeg

RPSil13

Nov 30, 2006
Anaheim, CA
jt2ma71;1806204 said:

View attachment 55791View attachment 55792View attachment 55793View attachment 55794View attachment 55795

so did you have to use any spacers for either the caliper or rotors?

also did the rotors hub have to be bored out?

thanks