Rear BBK anyone?

sylquebec

Mar 23, 2008
Quebec
Albert;1788224 said:
Steven And I are gonna try and get a Front BBK that is in the same price range and uses "off-car" rotors and calipers from certain cars, with slight modifications. This is very interesting info!

Is there any work to date or you are are the begining? Do you have any idea where to start?

The Doc

JZA70 twinpower
Aug 5, 2005
Netherlands
Last edited:

PureDrifter

VIP Cruisin'...
Aug 11, 2009
CA
www.clublexus.com
crap i leave the supra world for a few months and come back to both front and rear BBK setups. SWEET :D

thanks to the OP and wheover mucked with fitting them after him.

guess i'll be shopping for:
a front bbk.... >.>
2x evo 8/9 rear calipers
2x '05-07 STi rear rotors (+ hub boring)
4x 7m head bolt washers (8x?)
pads/shims/etc....

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
FWIW you can use any brembo rear caliper from Evo 5-9 but I guess you guys never got Evo 5s and 6s in the states so probably most of them are from 7-9s.

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
So I know the front brembos won't be "bolt-on" but if a small bracket is made to adapt them, would anyone use them?

The Sti front rotor is a 325mm rotor(12.8) with all the correct measurements, again all that would be needed is to bore out the hub diameter.

The link shows DSM having 130mm ear to ear, and the front EVO brembo is 160mm. Hard to make an adapter bracket with over-lap.

But if the Mkiii is 110mm I def think I could machine a small bracket that you would be able to adapt the front EVO calipers onto the Mkiii spindle.
Plus being 12.8", you can probably get away with running 17s rims. I'd have to confirm offsetting. I know the mkiv 12.7" setup works

Similar to this:
DSC01533.jpg

Last edited:

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
couldn't you use a larger rotor than 325mm? I'd reckon those front brembo calipers could be used with up to 355mm surely? they're pretty large.

Last edited:

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
Albert;1788766 said:
So I know the front brembos won't be "bolt-on" but if a small bracket is made to adapt them, would anyone use them?

The Sti front rotor is a 325mm rotor(12.8) with all the correct measurements, again all that would be needed is to bore out the hub diameter.

The link shows DSM having 130mm ear to ear, and the front EVO brembo is 160mm. Hard to make an adapter bracket with over-lap.

But if the Mkiii is 110mm I def think I could machine a small bracket that you would be able to adapt the front EVO calipers onto the Mkiii spindle.
Plus being 12.8", you can probably get away with running 17s rims. I'd have to confirm offsetting. I know the mkiv 12.7" setup works

Similar to this:
View attachment 54378

I would love a matching set, so yes.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
Could probably use a proportioning valve from an evo then too, for ideal bias, no?

I might have to cave on joining the BBK "club" if the front evo brakes could be fitted with just an adapter plate. Just something I can't resist about retrofitting parts from other cars, especially well engineered parts that are designed to work together.

No sarcasm there, I love this kind of stuff. Good find.

The Doc

JZA70 twinpower
Aug 5, 2005
Netherlands
I would give it a try, since I already have the rears fitted. Would even be happy with a CADD of these, so I could fabricate them myself.

Last edited:

sylquebec

Mar 23, 2008
Quebec
Albert;1788766 said:

Similar to this:
View attachment 54378

I'm also really interested in this as my rear are install
To answer the member who ask me what i was running front : stock right now, as you can see, i'm still waiting. I was supposed to go with Cobra brake but in many way i would prefer the brembo brake from the EVO.
First, i prefer boring the rotor than running a centering ring on the hub.
Second, cobra only have 2 piston and this is what i have in the rear.
and for last, not a big fan of the cobra letter on the caliper...

Oh and the $200 price for the mustang bracket are way too much...

Stay us informed albert... and thanks for what youre doing to the community.