Raped by a V10 supercharged mercedes amg

the_ghost

Oct 11, 2006
Columbus, OHIO
Sad to report, got raped and educated. First time, I ever put $ on the line. Fortunately, the guy was very nice and declined the $50. He just wanted to see want the supra had. Probably felt bad, he told me the amg was 13's plus being that rich he did not need $50. I told him frankly mine was low 12's capable (I never done it but driven by MKIIIsupraguy on supraforum he's done many 12.0's passes for the doubters to research).

From a dig, it was like 15+ cars and from a 40 roll it was like 20+ cars, I think he even let off? Saw the dyno afterward and it was over 550whp at 2.5K rpm all the way to red line before on the smaller crank pulley. I have never seen a dyno like that before wow!

Who in the 7M supra world can help me achieve 700+hp and yet be streetable to the track and back? Who has a proven 7M high horsepower motor? I am all ears, please PM me and I want to chat!

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
AMG Mercedes are some of the most under-appreciated cars among import tuners in my books. Those cars don't always look terribly special, but holy hell are they fast. They can be a super-sports car in luxury sedan clothing...

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
I like this thread! Haha. I can also say that AMG Mercedes are very underrated...my family owns an E55 AMG (which has become an heirloom of sorts) and the first time I drove it, I experienced what I had (before) thought wasn't possible...a car that looks like a base mercedes e Class, but performs like a supercar! All while riding in comfort, luxury, and style...

91TURBOSUPRA

Apr 2, 2005
ct
those things ar3e freakin fast.... i once played with the v8 supercharged (not sure wivh model) but he was keeping up with me....

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
How about the rediculous brakes they run on those cars?
s63amg_brakes.jpg

I have a LOT of respect for the AMG's...

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
the_ghost;1328076 said:
Sad to report, got raped and educated. First time, I ever put $ on the line. Fortunately, the guy was very nice and declined the $50. He just wanted to see want the supra had. Probably felt bad, he told me the amg was 13's plus being that rich he did not need $50. I told him frankly mine was low 12's capable (I never done it but driven by MKIIIsupraguy on supraforum he's done many 12.0's passes for the doubters to research).

From a dig, it was like 15+ cars and from a 40 roll it was like 20+ cars, I think he even let off? Saw the dyno afterward and it was over 550whp at 2.5K rpm all the way to red line before on the smaller crank pulley. I have never seen a dyno like that before wow!

Who in the 7M supra world can help me achieve 700+hp and yet be streetable to the track and back? Who has a proven 7M high horsepower motor? I am all ears, please PM me and I want to chat!

What mods are on your Supra?

a_sesshoumaru

Suprita
Jan 7, 2007
El Salvador
i have seen videos on youtube where even 2jz 1000+hp supras are having trouble to keep up with the mercedez.
P.S Maybe not 1000+ but still they are pretty fast

Last edited:

supraphoenix

broke and hating it
Mar 14, 2009
Colorado
I still give you credit for posting this up here. live and learn no matter what the circumstances of the bet. Better luck next time huh! :naughty:

jdma70

eat my boost
Jul 10, 2005
NC
yea, AMG's are no joke. my boss has a 08 E63 AMG. he gave me a ride in it and that thing hauls ass.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Crazy part about an AMG car that I've noticed is that regardless of what speed
you're traveling at, you can be cruising at 100MPH and feel like you're strolling
through a neighborhood at 40MPH.

They are definitely fast.
And, there's never anything wrong with "betting a little money" (Legally, of course). ;)
But I still call you foolish for doubting an AMG Mercedes.

It's OK. You live, you learn.
Better luck next time. ;)

Jeff

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
the_ghost;1328076 said:
Sad to report, got raped and educated. First time, I ever put $ on the line. Fortunately, the guy was very nice and declined the $50. He just wanted to see what the supra had.

Isn't it amazing the reputation the Supras have though? The Mercedes will never have that reputation regardless of how fast they are...Well, maybe in the year 2015 when they make the movie "Still Fast and Still Furious" and the star drives a Mercedes ;)

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
the_ghost;1328076 said:
I told him frankly mine was low 12's capable (I never done it but driven by MKIIIsupraguy on supraforum he's done many 12.0's passes for the doubters to research).

Do you have his car? I'm curious since he hasn't been around in almost years possibly..

Kevin

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
I've maxxed a c230 sport... Which is nowhere near this true topic. But it limits at 139 but whole time from 120 and below constant avalible torque. The powerband is rich of it. My only two notes on driving that car for two weeks is wider wheelbase and it has more to show at 139.

So I can barely guess on a smooth v10 sc merc. Either way, good story!