Race Ready 7M

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
I'm thinking once slipped... it's downhill for a stock plate thereafter... :(

I LOVED my CF Dual-Friction setup and ran 300~400HP for over TEN YEARS on it! (I don't abuse on launches...) It had MUCH better feel than my current six-puck... and NO grabby action.

G/L with the clutch setup... keep us posted. :)

-crisp

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
crisp;1955156 said:
I'm thinking once slipped... it's downhill for a stock plate thereafter... :(

I LOVED my CF Dual-Friction setup and ran 300~400HP for over TEN YEARS on it! (I don't abuse on launches...) It had MUCH better feel than my current six-puck... and NO grabby action.

G/L with the clutch setup... keep us posted. :)

-crisp
I'm hoping that it isn't anything more than pedal adjustment and/or hydraulic system repairs and then get four years out of it.

Last edited:

grifter679

Dec 14, 2008
San Francisco
In my 22re 4runner I was having the same issue. Problem turned out to be a bad master and slave becasue dirt got in the line and acted like a check vwlve and the slave just kept inching out over time becssue the fluid wouldn't release back to the master

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
WP_000291.jpgWP_000292.jpg
The fluid is very dark for being only six weeks old... :( The fluid is Castrol SRF Brake fluid (SRF) and the system was purged of the old fluid using the SRF and then topped up. Looks like the system is failing. I bought it from DM in 2006 and is listed as AISIN.

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
WP_000299.jpgWP_000302.jpgWP_000295.jpg
WP_000296.jpgWP_000297.jpgWP_000293.jpgWP_000294.jpg
Here are the mods that made more performance from the BIC, DDP:
That is a Vibrant bellows attached to the bottom of the dump tube. The opening for the recirc is egg shaped. Clearances are improved but not up to my standards. Plan is to modify the piece of the down pipe, that has the abrupt bend with a mandrel bend and then tuck it up for clearance sake. Then off to Finishline Coatings for ceramic coating.

Last edited:

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Van;1955245 said:
View attachment 68945View attachment 68946
The fluid is very dark for being only six weeks old... :( The fluid is Castrol SRF Brake fluid (SRF) and the system was purged of the old fluid using the SRF and then topped up. Looks like the system is failing. I bought it from DM in 2006 and is listed as AISIN.

What is your next step based on this observation, Van? Another purge/fill to see what happens? Change in fluid type? (Just curious... I've not noticed such dramatic discoloration in a fairly "fresh" setup, but then I don't work my car as hard as you... ;) )

-crisp

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
crisp;1955293 said:
What is your next step based on this observation, Van? Another purge/fill to see what happens? Change in fluid type? (Just curious... I've not noticed such dramatic discoloration in a fairly "fresh" setup, but then I don't work my car as hard as you... ;) )

-crisp
I trust my friend and mechanic Wryann at VIP Performance, so I'm making an appointment to have the problem diagnosed and resolved by the end of this week.
It was dark brown about three months ago when I flushed it and has been getting discoloration more frequently this year, after each fluid change. It has been flushed three times this year.

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Clutch Master cylinder was corroded and it was causing the seal to wear causing the discoloration in the fluid. The clutch is working properly. Slave cylinder was OK, but it too was replaced.
Next item for repair: the 26 y/o CT26. It will be getting replaced with a 50 trim Garrett compressor wheel, for this Supra. This will improve power output some. Additionally, getting the turbine waste gate ported will help to control it. After that, I'll take the down pipe to get ceramic coated at Finish Line Coatings in Milwaukie OR.

blk86.5firstcar

Aug 20, 2013
South Bend
Your attention to molding an all around Supra that is balanced is what car enthusiast are really all about, or at least what we should be about. That is why I feel it is the best build thread in recent history. (Sorry, felt I needed to explain the best build thread comment)

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Thank U for the compliment.
My goal is to produce a Supra that would be capable of being raced in NASA or SCCA Club races. It also had to contain as much of the stock bits as required for the classes. Those general classification rules, guided this build.
What stopped me in finishing the road race build, was the great recession. I'm still not recovered financially to afford to take the car off the road. As it stands now, it is DD and taken out to auto crosses and track days (2).