quick harness question

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
Ok, so while I have everything apart this winter for some new upgrades I have also pulled my harness to continuity check the entire thing, double check all of my connections (from tucking part of it), and replace a few cracked connectors. Now here is my question, I have thought about deleting out all A/C wires along with the starter injector wire/ temp sensor wire to only have the things necessary for my setup.

Would there be any downside to doing this?

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
lol

downside?

Oh plenty! Are you are prepared for a shit load of work AND to trace common path to EVERY OTHER Circuit which requires the ENTIRE Electrical harness be removed from the car in ITS ENTIRETY with all the junction boxes, fuse and relay boxes attached?

It won't save anything from a weight perspective and Toyota already has it all neat and tidy. Won't be so neat and tidy after all the electrical tape is removed. Then it becomes a stick icky mess.

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
figgie;1199823 said:
lol

downside?

Oh plenty! Are you are prepared for a shit load of work AND to trace common path to EVERY OTHER Circuit which requires the ENTIRE Electrical harness be removed from the car in ITS ENTIRETY with all the junction boxes, fuse and relay boxes attached?

It won't save anything from a weight perspective and Toyota already has it all neat and tidy. Won't be so neat and tidy after all the electrical tape is removed. Then it becomes a stick icky mess.
lol I just mean removing them from the engine harness, not the whole body. As far as the sticky mess I've already had the entire thing stripped apart before. As of right now all the tape has been removed and all the adhesive has been cleaned off so it is spot free.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
engine harness has nothing for the A/C ;)

It is part of the ELECTRICAL harness and it is on both side.

A/C Clutch on one. And outdoor temp sensor, and pressure switches on the other side.

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
figgie;1200142 said:
engine harness has nothing for the A/C ;)

It is part of the ELECTRICAL harness and it is on both side.

A/C Clutch on one. And outdoor temp sensor, and pressure switches on the other side.

The exact ones I am talking about moving are the A/C fan switch, the aux fan switch, starter injector wires, and the starter injector temp switch

I know its not much, but basicly what I'm asking is will there be any adverse effects by me deleting them, as in ECU wise if it does not see a signal.