Prosport Wideband is out :)

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
I'm supprised that I did not see a thread about this here, as I know that I was not the only one awaiting the drop of this product. Only downside that I can see in the pictures is that it only comes with blue numbers. Maybe they can release a green or amber version.
http://prosportgauges.com/wideband-air-fuel-ratio-kit.aspx
C_0409.JPG

Wideband Air Fuel Ratio Gauge
52mm (2 1/16")
(Pre- order price -shipping on/before 12/5/08)

Utilizing the latest Bosch wideband O2 sensor -5 wire heated 4.9 (Prosport Inc. is the only one licensed in the USA to use them) our gauge now has the widest range 10.0:1 to 20.0:1 AFR readings on the planet.
Featuring Blue LCD readout in the center of the gauge and a bar-graph syle LED's around the outside of the gauge that change from green(Lean) to Yellow(Optimal) to Red(Rich) for immediate reference to AFR.

This is a complete kit that includes everything you need:
AFR digital Gauge
Bosch 4.9 5 wire heated O2 sensor
Weld in Bung
Instructions
Wiring harness(Gauge to O2 sensor) Plug and play
Decals
Visor/hood

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
yeah my friend is affiliated with them and actually demos his car for them I guess.. after talking to him about it I really didn't understand whats so amazing about it.

after getting back, he told me that it won some award at SEMA though.

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
The guy above you is prolly gonna find out. :)

Honestly after using the innovate LM-1 in the dakota id prolly go with that. the full system with the box. yea its not cool and compact but we can record for 2 minutes and download it to the computer with rpm and AFR together and check it out, pretty neat system.

Not saying this isnt and i dunno if you can do the same on this system im just saying if i had to pick one id prolly do that.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I got my AEM at $225 shipped on the 3rd group buy that Jayson did. So, it's not that much cheaper than the AEM. I may be getting this one though, as my AEM is crap, and I'm about to send it back a second time. If they can't fix it, I will be going elsewhere.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
whats wrong with the AEM? my one friend kept telling me there were total shit, and he sold it to his friend, but now we have been using it on a boosted RSX, and the STOCK wideband sensor (yes its a true wideband) reads damn near the same. theres a .2 different in the readings... at an idle the kpro might say 14.8 and the wideband will say 15... but its also located in the downpipe... so thats part of the problem.

and the innovative and aem use the same sensor....

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
My AEM will not settle on anything. On start up, I get the 111,222 as it should, but sometimes it gets stuck at 555 or so. Then it will sooner or later start spitting values all over the place in a sequence like 14.7,---,16.4,---, 14.8,---,17.00,---,14.7,---,15.5,---, and then it will revert back to 14.7 and stay for a while without changing, then go to ---, and hold, then maybe 2., and hold. It never goes below 14.7 no matter what I do with my NEO. Even when I get a reading, I don't think it is anywhere near correct. I do believe Jayson said that the sensor with it is a Bosch sensor though.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
its better than the UEGO sensor wise, but I like the UEGO display more and I got my AEM for $225 shipped new. Mine works just fine..