Prosport Wideband is out :)

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
the 4.9 was designed as a more accurate oxygen sensor... at least thats how bosch's website makes it out to be....

and driftmotion sells the "wideband bosch" o2 sensor for 79....

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Rennat;1185142 said:
the 4.9 was designed as a more accurate oxygen sensor... at least thats how bosch's website makes it out to be....

and driftmotion sells the "wideband bosch" o2 sensor for 79....

well

compared to the LSU 4.2

The LSU 4.9 big difference is the ability to take a higher temp at the hex (600c for the LSU 4.9 v 570c for the LSU 4.2) and the Heater PWM is set at 100+ hz instead of 2Hz for the LSU 4.2. Also the NERST Cell resistance is huge (300 ohms lsu 4.9 v 80 ohms LSU 4.2) I do know that they are pinned differently

Code:
Pin#  LSU 4.2  LSU 4.9
1      IP/APE    IP/APE
2      UN/RE     VM/IPN
3      VM/IPN    Uh-/H-
4      Uh-/H-    Uh+/H
5      UH+/H     IA/RT
6      IA/RT      UN/RE

From talking to Bosch. The LSU 4.9 were designed for lean burning engines.

Oh

one more thing. Prosport does not need a license no more than any other company to use a wideband sensor. Just need the correct "interpreter". The sensor can be sourced from Bosch or any of the OEM companies that use that sensor (Saturn I know of so far).

Last edited:

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
and for all of you that didnt know. there are a ton of vendors that are getting the AEM for KILLER prices... i've seen 205shipped on the dsm fourms, and i've seen another company BEATING that price!!!!!

so i really dont see why you would buy a gauge/kit thats just newer... the AEM works just as good, ans has a ton more features.

im suprised none of the supra vendors are saying anything about the super low AEM pricing right now...

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
figgie;1185153 said:
well

compared to the LSU 4.2

The LSU 4.9 big difference is the ability to take a higher temp at the hex (600c for the LSU 4.9 v 570c for the LSU 4.2) and the Heater PWM is set at 100+ hz instead of 2Hz for the LSU 4.2. Also the NERST Cell resistance is huge (300 ohms lsu 4.9 v 80 ohms LSU 4.2) I do know that they are pinned differently

Code:
Pin#  LSU 4.2  LSU 4.9
1      IP/APE    IP/APE
2      UN/RE     VM/IPN
3      VM/IPN    Uh-/H-
4      Uh-/H-    Uh+/H
5      UH+/H     IA/RT
6      IA/RT      UN/RE

From talking to Bosch. The LSU 4.9 were designed for lean burning engines.

Oh

one more thing. Prosport does not need a license no more than any other company to use a wideband sensor. Just need the correct "interpreter". The sensor can be sourced from Bosch or any of the OEM companies that use that sensor (Saturn I know of so far).

Tech Edge has been using them for a while. DYI wide band Tech edge has this I believe.

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
Its nice to see another option out there. I have used a few different widebands, AEM is great hook up power and ground and install the sensor...DONE, I have an older AEM which only reads to 11.0 - 16.9 If I recall. So it kind of sucks to see that you are full rich....but is it 9.0 or 10.9???.
I now have a Inovate WB and it was alot more involved to install with the calibration button, LED etc.. it was also trickey to calibrate and thier software was difficult to use and set up with my Standalone EMS. Also one of the sensors went bad within a few days.

PLX are alright, I just hate the huge display box, and the .00 display, the numbers are always flashing, you dont need to know the hundredth of an AFR.

Last edited:

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
I picked up an Innovative LC-1 on eBay that was pre-calibrated and came with a small digital display. It's worked great since I got it, and I love the datalogging ability with my laptop. However, I had to search the Innovative forums to get my serial port to work with the LC-1, and I still had to buy another module to log RPM along with AFR's, but at least I can do all my own tuning now, and have a nice gauge to watch when boosting.
The display is stuck onto the gauge cluster. Handy since I had no more room for a dial-type gauge.
int%20012.jpg