project who said supras are to heavy for track cars

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
HKS_TRD;1484504 said:
WHats the issue with the entry on the FFIM, bit of a NOOB here on FFIM design

Needs to be smoothed out so there isn't a step.

pc311820.jpg

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
twincam187;1484265 said:
awesome build, love seeing other mk3s dedicated to track use.

im reaaaaally curious how you got under 3000lbs! ive stripped every part imaginable off of my car and im still tipping the scales at around 3100 with a full 12gal cell and me in the driver seat! ive got a pretty beefy cage aswell but daaaamn im stumped!

tell me your secrets? im on the other side of the world :biglaugh: so you know i wont be chasing you down at the track haha.

hey dude - will just have to have a look at the pics man - no secrets or anything - just gutted to fuck... abou tthe only other thing i could remove would be the electric windows/door innards (doors still complete minus the trim)

hoping to get the car down to around 1050 kilos before i add a cage.. im not sure how the 1jz weigh compared to the previous 7m

IJ.;1484483 said:
You going to do anything with the entry on that FFIM?

will try smoth it out best i can but theur will always be a step im affraid :( is a 100mm tb and i think the plenum inlet is 80mm haha.. can u see it posign much of a problem? was thinking the airs all chopped up leaving the ic core then further chopped up by tb step then even more chopped up by the internal trumpets before it starts to smooth out

HKS_TRD;1484505 said:
Nice collection of new parts Chris!

A fibreglass tailgate would be cool

graeme originally told me he had one, but when he digged through his shed - he used a stock tailgate section (just gutted out) and the whole frame and glass was binned and replaced with lexan.. might just keep the heavy gate for now to keep the weight distribution closer to 50 50 haha (also something pretty damn secure for a wing)

huntingcorn;1484684 said:
i kinda skimmed through here but what injectors were you using on the stock intake mani?
VERY nice car and motor. sounds amazing!

the vids of the car runnign are with the 7mgte motor in it.. im still a fair way off starting it up with the 1j for the first time... give me a few weeks.. i will most likely be runnign either 1200 or 1600 rc injectors to cope with e85 demands

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
love this car...your doing a great job cant wait to see how its runing with 1jz....keep up the good work love your thread took me hour n half to read through it all....

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Only thing I can think of is at lower air speeds it's going to act like a Venturi and speed up the airflow, this may or may not lead to #1 running rich as the air has trouble making the turn.

gobutai

Dec 22, 2009
TX
your build is really an inspiration. I currently do road racing / HPDE locally with my other car, but the porsches dominate the scene here. I recently got a hold of a 91 Supra Turbo, and I may tackle a MKIII road race project soon...

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
havent updated this thread in a while but theres been some progress

bought a new clutch. npc twin plate. apparently bes tmoney can buy. rated at 1000 hp

also sold my whiteline swaybars in favour of some lighter arc ones with pillow ball end links. saved myself 7 kilos all up with the switch

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

got this hks/rx7 oil cooler setup to install

these lotus calipers to adapt to 330x28mm thick rear rotors

bought a set of my fav rims. panasport g7 c5c 2. 18x10.5 +22 all round

fabbed up an oil drain

bought some jic camber arms for bulk camber

before:

after:

engine as it sits now

pelper87t

Oct 19, 2008
paterson nj
this is truely inspirational,at least now i know how far u can take the mk3 were weight reduction is concerned an enviable build bro

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Your Panasport G7 wheels caught my attention. I've been looking for them for a very long time. I'm still looking. Then I saw your Godfather bumper...so I Kept reading.

Very nice build thread...awesome, just like HKS_TRD's!