project who said supras are to heavy for track cars

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
heyitsdatguy;1171749 said:
Nice work. I'm looking for more people who would be interested in carbon doors to lower alittle weight. I'm not getting enough reaction from anyone to get it going though.

- Dawly

theres some1 in my city who has a 7 sec drag supra which is all fiberglass body and pretty sure seperate glass doors

was thinkign about askign him to make some up given he would most likely have the moulds.

only problem is though i would loose the ability to wind down my windows :(

Yblegal91t

it finally runs!
Apr 22, 2006
C1 outer
lol at the sliding into cones vid from first page.

Beautiful job all around. I love seeing fat cut off of these beefy whales.:drool:

one thing im curious about is that you use all braided hose but keep the neoprene going from teh pump. I know theres no heat, but isn't it still very prone to hardening then cracking over time.

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
most of the braided line is all transferred from my soarer.

the blue hose on the fuel setup is apparently the best kinda fuel hose u can get. and is not much cheaper then braided line itself - but when u can use push on fittings rather then anodised aluminium fittings - there is a fair bit of money saved.

that blue hose can be submersed in fuel without any problems at all.

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
cars been out of action for a while now while i replaced all the syncros and shifter fork pads in the tremec, but its all back together and ready for dyno sporting a new ignition setup comprising of ls1 coils.

hopefully this fixes any spark or ignition problems ive previously had.

prob not the best at predicting hp but i fell she will go around 430-440 on 20 psi reving out to 7k and with another 2 psi boost, pretty close 470-480

only time will tell

if it can get squeezed on dyno tomorrow (monday) and tuned on racefuel without any dramas - will be heading straight to drag strip that night from dyno

fingers crossed i can put another mk3 shell into the 10s

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
well this latest update doesnt contain and vids and isnt all that exciting either, but it means that i will never have any oil leaks associated with the sloppy fitting o-ring seal dipstick again!!

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
have been neglecting this thread :(

turns out after replaceing the syncros, the first hard shift after a nice cruisey bed in period resulted in a back to crunchy gearbox :( at that stage i realised i was going to be a fair way off racing this car and didnt have the funds to look at it properly so pulled the motor out and put it back into my soarer to daily drive it.

the ls1 coils on this motor work a treat though and the motor package in the soarer with ls1 coils is runnign a healthy 17 psi on a road tune with innovate. car goes pretty well and no ignition probs like their was before on stock coils

in the mean time the supra just sat their with nothing getting done to it until i recently purchased a jza70 front cut.

the whole reason i had been sharing the 7m and tremec from the soarer was cause i didnt have a spare r145 for the supra. now that i bought the cut though, the supra will be 1j +r154 powered for now with a gt30r strapped to the side. shoudl still be able to make an easy 400 hp for the time being

sort of concentrating on a bit of time trial track work rather then drift/drags atm so power wont be everything.

about the only exciting new is i bought a new set of rims for them which are currently in transit from japan

they are desmond regamasters measuring 17x9 (+38) and 17x10 (+40) and weigh approx 7.4 kilos each. towards the lightest of rims available at a reasonable price.

for now the supra will be 1jz powere

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
well decided to spoil my drift hack/track car with a godfather front bar.

wanted somethign a bit more sturdy then the orginal rubbery one without any support braces so i can ultimately mount a splitter to it etc

should provide a nice big inlet to duct to the radiator and intercooler.

hope its a legit piece. seems strange theres no sticker or plaque on it to say its authentic :(

p6301615.jpg

p6301616.jpg

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
has been through a few peoples hands and although being fitted to a car, its still in gelcoat.

i paid $325 aus (about $240 usd) + a stock 89 bumper/nose cone/grills/indicators

7MGTEsup

Formerly 'Down but not out'
Jun 14, 2005
England
Just a quick question, on the dyno graph with the GT30 producing 363hp was that wheel hp or crank hp? Also was that on the engine with the 1.2mm or 3.0mm head gasket?

Cheers

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
7MGTEsup;1355809 said:
Just a quick question, on the dyno graph with the GT30 producing 363hp was that wheel hp or crank hp? Also was that on the engine with the 1.2mm or 3.0mm head gasket?

Cheers

thats rear wheel hp mate on the motor with the 3mm mhg.

not making anything up but our dynos read slightly lower then yours so prob be more like 380-390 hp if it were in america

all power figures are at the wheels on a roller dyno (not hub)

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
test fitted the bumper on.

think it needs a crazy big gt wing to pull it off. sits about 60mm lower then the stock bar but now hangs substantially lower then my side skirts :(

will make a nice easy bar to ad a splitter to in the long run but.

fit up pretty nice, doesnt finsh flush with the arches which would have been nice but nevermind

will be fibre glassing the indicator holes up but unsure if i should hack out the front fog light mount bits (big boxed in red in one of the pics below) to make a nice square duct for the oil coooler. is a substantial bit of fiberglass and would be a shame to start choppign up such a rare item. the way i see it though - is only gonna get smashed up on the track so might aswell fit it the way i want.

need to work out a properway to mount it for easy removeable for getting on and off a trailer etc

p7021611.jpg

p7021612.jpg

p7021613.jpg

p7021614.jpg

heres a pic of how the bay looks with the 1jz in place.

p7021615.jpg

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
Supra_Villan;1356574 said:
why did you ditch that nice ass 7m man? :cry:

was always a temporary thing having the 'nice' 7m in the supra.

that motor is back in my soarer (see my other members ride thread)

still have a spare 7m ready for this car one day. just need to buy a q45 tb, some 700cc injectors, make up a ffim, ad a few other little things. hopefully get all that done before i blow this 1j up :)

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
well finially decided what im doing so have made a little progress of late

cosmetically, have ordered a set of shineauto bomex rear addons so that should help counteract the huge front bar.

since i bought a tig welder a while back yet havent really used it, rather then buying a china manifold etc, i opted to take on a little fabrication/welding project to make a 2-1 manifold top use the stock cash manifolds that ill open up a tad.

granted i dont expect the performance to be as good as a 6-1 runner but this one has its own benefits (nice and roomy for easy oil drain and gate positioning, easy to work on, cheaper to make, less chance of cracking and improve my fabrication skills....

pretty impressed with how its turning out.

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
will need to purchase an external gate real soon (most likely a new v-band 38mm tial which are nice and compact) and make up my 3/3.5" dump (side pipe)

once that is finished, i have relocated th eintercooler so will have to make up some new ic pipes and make some pretty serious ducting for it.

have a car show ill be entering in feb so will have to have most oif it done buy then....

as for some more pics - test fitted my new regamaster rims on the car with some 280mm slicks and they sit awesome

p8261685.jpg