Project: CNC Machined thermostat housing

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
I'm going to do them bare just for the reason of people will want their own coatings, and not what's best. As for clearing the cover. it should, and if it dosen't. It will.

I just got done talking to the shop and he said he'll have some pricing for me in the next day or so. I thought he was going to get back to me yesterday, but he's got some big project that he's doing for saleen so according to him and that's why I don't have a quote yet.
if he dosn't get back to me soon I'll prototype it out this next weekend myself on a prototrack machine.

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
DAY EARLY PREVIEW!!!!!
i ended up doing the prototype in a prototrak today.
it'll be done tomarrow!
p1304532_1.jpg

p1304532_2.jpg

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
:aigo:FINALLY, IT'S DONE!:aigo:
I'll be test fitting it later when my car cools down.
also, I didn't put the barb on this one because I plan on making mine a -an fitting later on.
p1304947_1.jpg

p1304947_2.jpg

p1304947_3.jpg

p1304947_4.jpg

p1304947_5.jpg

I did the prototype on a retrofitted bridgeport style machine so the finish isn't nearly as good as it would be if I did it in the cnc's. But all of the cnc machines had jobs setup in them so I couldn't use them for this.

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
it's already 1/4 of an inch furthur out than the stock outlet. I'm hoping this will be enough to clear the timing cover for removal. Plus if I moved it up it would cause some blending issues that would require more machining time to clean up. The way it is, it's a very simplw part to machine. Also, I left .1 extra material on the top for some engraving experimenting.