Project: CNC Machined thermostat housing

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I didn't
MMM01202.JPG
I sniggered ;) (probably a geographical thing as the N word doesn't have the same connotation here)

And yes I agree a 1000 PSI fitting makes perfect sens on a 13 psi joint :D

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
You're really going to want to make certain the timing cover can come off without removing the hose or clamp, first :)

That would be my biggest reason to buy one of these.

Can we have 7M engraved? ;)

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
Doward;1305491 said:
You're really going to want to make certain the timing cover can come off without removing the hose or clamp, first :)

That would be my biggest reason to buy one of these.

Can we have 7M engraved? ;)
i test fit it today, and it just barely dosen't clear. About another 1/4" for a total of .5" spacing, and it should clear.

btw i polished the outlet today.....
check it out.
p1305914_1.jpg

p1305914_2.jpg

p1305914_3.jpg

p1305914_4.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
So get back to the drawing board, move the outlet out another 3/8" (since you said about 1/4", I like to have a little extra wiggle room ;)) and see about getting 7M engraved on it ;)

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Doward;1306196 said:
So get back to the drawing board, move the outlet out another 3/8" (since you said about 1/4", I like to have a little extra wiggle room ;)) and see about getting 7M engraved on it ;)

Doing a counter bore would be an easy change. You want to show off it's a 7M? ;)

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
upgradedsupra;1305915 said:
Why does it not have a counter bore? That would make it look much cleaner.

Duane

I'm not sure where you're asking for the counterbore to be. But if you mean c-bore the bolt holes, I would need More clearance unless I included SHCS's Which would once again Drive up the price either way.

Doward;1306196 said:

Sounds about Right. I probably won't have a chance to get back to the drawing board for a week or more because I'm dead smack in the middle of buying my first house. But if I can squeeze some time in for it I will. I want to get this group buy going.

upgradedsupra;1306203 said:
Just checkin. ;)

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
nevermind...
How about a spacer that will work with the stock housing or this housing. It would probably be cheaper than getting the next size larger stock. right now I can use 2" thick stock. if I move the outlet 3/8" I'd have to buy 2.5" thick stock, which is a lot more material to move and it's a bit more money for the stock. right now the stock dimensions are 4 X 3.5 X 2 and I'm using 2 X 4" bar now. So if I use 1/2" flat bar for the spacer it will be cheaper.

Last edited:

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
sooo, I found a little bit of time to work on this, and I have two different designs. one is based off of the original. and the other is a entirely new design. With any luck I'll post them up later today or early tomarrow.
Then once it's posted I'll do a vote on which design is best.