Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Talked to Bill Bowering today, this is what he said
"Pulled your intake and wiring harness today. Also got your harness apart and I am probably 50-60 percent through with the repairs/ modifications. I did find several areas of concern that could lead to the driveabilty issues we were having. The connector for the crank position sensor was melted right through to the metal pins. the ecu ground was secured to a bracket that looked questionable. the cam position sensor wire was broken at a soldered joint. The wires that were butt connected for the ignition had poor contact, one pin for an injector was pulling apart and when the harness was lengthened the cam and crank position sensors were not sheilded.

So far I have rewired the cam and crank position sensors as well repaired all the ignition wires. I hope to have all wiring done tomorrow as well as possibly get the harness back in." And here's the pics he sent me.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Todays message from Bill Bowering
"Your wiring harness is all back together. Just need to fix that broken vacuum port and then the intake will go back on. I need to get a car off the hoist and get yours on so I can figure out how to address the main power supply and kill switch. Will give you a shout tomorrow and let you know how we go."

Matt, I've done some work on the engine harness, but 935 Motorsports is the only one besides me that has touched the engine harness. This motor was first installed in my first Supra back in September 2006. Some of my wiring issues I've caused, the rest is just from age. Bill is charging me an introductory rate since I'm his first customer in his new business venture with BIC Performance.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Well I talked with Bill today, my Supra is back on the road and my stuttering issue is gone :) Because of time constraints, I'm going to let Bill do the tuning. Bill and Randy (BIC Performance) should be doing some street tuning on it Monday night so it will be in better shape to drive to the dyno that's 45 minutes from the shop. Depending on how busy the dyno is, I should have my Supra back in about a week.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Just spoke with Bill, he had both good and bad news. the good news, Bill and Randy took my Supra out for some street tuning and now my Supra is pulling strong and revving very nicely all the way to 7k rpms. The bad news, right when they pulled back into the shop my o2 sensor for my wideband took a shit on them. Luckily it's a very quick and easy fix. Bill also told me that my stock o2 sensor wasn't needed anymore so he removed it :) All hail less crap in my engine bay. Randy was surprised by how quickly my engine revved to the redline. All should be ready come Saturday.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Ummm, yeah. My crank pulley exploded on the dyno Saturday. It destroyed the pulley, the pulley keeper, and the lower timing cover. I have a replacement pulley on the way from SupraHero (thank you again Jay) and the other 2 parts I will get from Randy since he has them laying around. FML

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Wiped down the body, cleaned the glass, wiped down the interior with Armor All, vacuumed the inside, trimmed my cheap front floor mats, put the glove box back on and shined the tires as well as airing them up for the trip (only to 40 psi, I usually run 30). Also I extended my wideband wires that go to my ECU and tucked them up, along with fixing a piece of trim and my fender, oh, and I got an inner mirror cover piece since I've been missing mine for a while.