Project Cherry Upgrades

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Crap! What a stupid chain reaction. I decided to try out the stiffest setting on my Whiteline front sway bar, which in turn caused the bottom of the bar to push on my turbo outlet pipe which in turn pressed the 45 degress silcone elbow at the turbo into the exhaust manifold and burn it, causing a hole. :(

I'll replace the silicone elbow ASAP and make sure it is not touching anymore, but can I wrap it with something to help reduce the heat? Maybe a layer of heat wrap and then some aluminized reflective stuff? It's very close to the collector.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Update: I also noticed some small leaks in my Koyo rad, and one of the water line banjo bolts on the turbo got very loose and was leaking, so I snugged those up really well. I guess the heat cycling caused that? Hopefully they stay tight for now on...

Current short-term To-Do list::aigo: I was hoping to have all this done by now, ready for the summer. Damn this car wears me out/pwns me!

Radiator pinhole leak repair
Fix melted turbo coupler
Hook back up egt sensor
PWR steering leak
PWR steering poly bushings
Clean IC
Methanol kit
Retune
Dyno
Try again with the SP valve hobbs switch setup
Hood pins
Custom under cover
Fix small tail light leak
HID projector headlights
ALL Poly chassis bushings

Current goal is to enjoy 450+rwhp on the street with methanol/water inj, and live with the unpainted engine bay till winter!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
tekdeus;1329989 said:
Update: I also noticed some small leaks in my Koyo rad, and one of the water line banjo bolts on the turbo got very loose and was leaking, so I snugged those up really well. I guess the heat cycling caused that? Hopefully they stay tight for now on...

Current short-term To-Do list::aigo: I was hoping to have all this done by now, ready for the summer. Damn this car wears me out/pwns me!

Radiator pinhole leak repair
Fix melted turbo coupler
Hook back up egt sensor
PWR steering leak
PWR steering poly bushings
Clean IC
Methanol kit
Retune
Dyno
Try again with the SP valve hobbs switch setup
Hood pins
Custom under cover
Fix small tail light leak
HID projector headlights
ALL Poly chassis bushings

Current goal is to enjoy 450+rwhp on the street with methanol/water inj, and live with the unpainted engine bay till winter!

Are we having fun yet? :D

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
djblastsupratuner;1330790 said:
damn nice build thread! hope to get my supra as clean as yours!
It can be done! Just foolishly put every single paycheck into the car for 2 years, and spend all your free time working on it ;)

IJ.;1330485 said:
Are we having fun yet? :D
My lower back sure isn't!

Latest goodies to arrive. Boxes of new stuff still get me excited, despite dreading the install!
AEM2 002.jpg

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
RPSil13;1330976 said:
MOAR pics of the white car, are those ccw's?:aigo:

Holy crap man!!! Where ya' been, livin' in a cave, in the Tora Bora mountain range?!!!:biglaugh:
Yes, those are CCW's on UpgradedSupra's (Duane's) car.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
tekdeus;1330911 said:
It can be done! Just foolishly put every single paycheck into the car for 2 years, and spend all your free time working on it ;)

My lower back sure isn't!

Latest goodies to arrive. Boxes of new stuff still get me excited, despite dreading the install!

Can empathise 100% on that score by the end of the day I'm feeling pretty second hand due to all the steel work in mine :(

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
91T breezen';1331251 said:
Holy crap man!!! Where ya' been, livin' in a cave, in the Tora Bora mountain range?!!!:biglaugh:
Yes, those are CCW's on UpgradedSupra's (Duane's) car.
^^He joined in 2006. Daune's car has been getting "upgraded" for so long, 50% of the community hasn't even seen it yet ;)

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Brad;
As if your car doesn't attract enough attention already, and now your going to turn it into a flame thrower with the menthanol kit?!:icon_razz
Very cool!:bigthumb: