Project Cherry Upgrades

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
congrats brad! your finally in the 500 with stock bottom end! whats next 600? lol

times look alot better then last time!

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Quick update. The new turbo and meth kit setup has been super reliable, except for the finicky water fittings that come loose every so often. I've been beating on the car hard, always lots of full throttle pulls every time I drive it. This stock JDM 7M seems to be very solid and consistent at 22psi on pump gas with methanol. 450rwhp/500 crank hp daily on the street for cheap (no standalone or forged internals)! It's like cheating and getting away with it ;)

1st gear spins like crazy unless I limit boost to 12psi with the ACVR. 2nd gear spins if the tires are cold. If they are warm, 2nd gear is the most fun and has the most violent squish-into-seat thrust.

Last edited:

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Quick update: I've been driving the car lots over the last year, still beating the shit out of the car each time I drive it, still doing tons of pulls at 22psi on pump gas, stock engine and ECU. I've since tuned the quick spool valve to hold closed until 15psi which gets me 500rpm sooner spool vs when the valve is locked open(as if there was no valve). It's very boost happy! In 3rd or 4th gear I get 5psi instantly from cruise(2500rpm), 10psi by 2900rpm and 15psi by 3300rpm. I imagine with a standalone and headwork the spool would be even much faster. All the extra torque down low from the spool valve is causing wheel spin issues in 2nd gear, unless the tires are hot and the road is clean and smooth.

This vid shows how the car is often driven :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsvRxPAf-sw