Polyurethane subframe bushings for the MA70 Supra

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
It got rid of the sloppyness in the rear and dips/bouncing causing one side of rear tires to rub. I already had the poly suspension bushings and Eibach/Tokico combo. After the SF bushings, very tight in the handling of the rear... Well worth replacing, if it's your daily driver (mine is a daily... mostly street, some highway).

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
supraguy@aol;1545139 said:
And you had to dig up a 2 year old thread to ask this?

I'm glad he did. Why make a new thread when one already exists? ;)

Reactions: alcyon

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
Satan;1545150 said:
It got rid of the sloppyness in the rear and dips/bouncing causing one side of rear tires to rub. I already had the poly suspension bushings and Eibach/Tokico combo. After the SF bushings, very tight in the handling of the rear... Well worth replacing, if it's your daily driver (mine is a daily... mostly street, some highway).

This is my setup so far to a T, so I'm happy I stumbled upon this...now they're definitely on my list of things to get :icon_razz

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
How are you guys finding the diff noise with these? The diff noise is driving me nuts, even with a tight rebuilt diff. Not sure if I need to put in a brand new ring and pinion to get rid of the noise, or switch back to softer bushings. It's a steady tone as the diff vibrations are amplified by the floorboards.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
tekdeus;1549519 said:
How are you guys finding the diff noise with these? The diff noise is driving me nuts, even with a tight rebuilt diff. Not sure if I need to put in a brand new ring and pinion to get rid of the noise, or switch back to softer bushings. It's a steady tone as the diff vibrations are amplified by the floorboards.

I have Dynamat throughout mine and was able to tell that the drivetrain noises are alot more noticeable... Especially if there's some sloppiness in the tranny/driveshaft/LSD. My driveshaft/center carrier bearing and tranny were Fed up. Replaced both and a new clutch, now is much smoother/quieter. However, I can tell the U-joints in the replacement driveshaft are weak and probably need replacing as well.

ronniek

Authorized Vendor
May 2, 2005
auckland
pm sent to 7m2bar and northbaysupra.
I have started making poly top cushions for front subframe kit to be included in front kit if anyone are interested.
I will be visiting U.S.A in mid November so if any one doesnt want to pay shipping costs for kits,i can bring it over as part of my luggage.
This time I will make sure i sent kit asap once I land on U.S soil.
Ronnie

Dave 1jz

Feb 16, 2010
rotterdam
ronniek;1561329 said:
pm sent to 7m2bar and northbaysupra.
I have started making poly top cushions for front subframe kit to be included in front kit if anyone are interested.

Thats good news! Now we have the full kit, very nice!

ronniek

Authorized Vendor
May 2, 2005
auckland
Poly top cushions for front--still work in progress.Sorry,Life suddenly got too busy so had to sort that out first.But I am working on it now.