• Speedway Blue Metallic

Votes: 27 40.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1988SupraDreams

Mar 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Hello all,

I will be painting my MKIII Supra soon and I can't decide what color to paint it.
I work at Napa and can mix paint according to the Martin Senour website and think both of the colors would look fantastic. They would both cost me the same to do and my interior will be painted based on what exterior color I choose.

Difficulty and price are no object to me, I have the resources and time to do either, and maintain them.

I've narrowed it down to these choices:

Midnight Purple Metallic (Random Nissans):
45.jpg

Speeday Blue Metallic (2005-2009 Toyota Tacomas):
p1100172_1.jpg

Last edited:

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
The blue is to BRIGHT for my taste. You can have a nice rich color without it giving you a head ache. Also, the blue just wouldn't fit on a Supra imo (admittedly looks ok on that Taco).

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
What color is your car right now?? What about the new blue that comes off the new Mustangs?? It is a nice dark metallic blue, at night it looks black with pearl.

GotBoost?

I do
Nov 25, 2005
By My Computer
The midnight purple metallic is sechs on wheels. Speaking of wheels, get a badass set of gunmetal TE37's, or some Works wheels, sticky tires, and be ready for some heavy duty drooling. Guaranteed, or your money back.

1988SupraDreams

Mar 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
I think super red supras look Friggin' HOT, but I'm trying to stay away from stock color shades ie: Dark blue, Teal Metallic, Super Red, Super White, Gay Blue, Black, ect.

And I agree on the STI blue, it's just I can't get the forumula in an Enamel. The only formula that I can find is water-based, so I picked something in the family ;).

(BTW for future refrence, the car in my avatar is my car three years ago shortly after I yanked it from the junkyard, she looks much better now :D)

ILikeCarsYesIDo

Permanently Banned
Nov 26, 2007
Hayward, CA
1988SupraDreams;1100266 said:
I think super red supras look Friggin' HOT, but I'm trying to stay away from stock color shades ie: Dark blue, Teal Metallic, Super Red, Super White, Gay Blue, Black, ect.

And I agree on the STI blue, it's just I can't get the forumula in an Enamel. The only formula that I can find is water-based, so I picked something in the family ;).

(BTW for future refrence, the car in my avatar is my car three years ago shortly after I yanked it from the junkyard, she looks much better now :D)

Go black ;)

And get on AIM.

Nocheez

Probably posts too much
Apr 17, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Oops, I voted for the wrong one because you put the blue on top and the purple on the bottom in the pictures. Take one away from that ricer purple and add it to the blue.

rob21a48422

1JZ+Holset=Go Fast!!!
Sep 7, 2007
Port Huron, Michigan
www.myspace.com
Since we're throwing different shades of blue out there, take a look at the Daytona Blue Metallic on 350Z's. It's bright and deep at the same time. I work for NAPA and you can get the paint in any shade you want, it's all how they mix it. I'm personally painting my car DBM with a little extra Metallic added in. Here's a pic of the DBM on a Z.

sm_photo_missing.jpg