Plug wires for 7M-GTE

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
I just got a new set of NGK's and they are so nice:love: and I paid about $57 shipped on ebaymotors for my 7mgte set and they have sets for the 7mge and the 7mgte.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
I have the NGK's and I've had them for a while, everyone here in the DFW that I have talked to doesn't use them because they don't work as well as stock. There was a guy here that had them for a month and his dyno was ok, but he felt like he wasn't getting all the power and the only thing that he changed was his plug wires from his last dyno. So he switched back to a new set of stock wires, went back to the dyno and dynoed 13rwhp more. The stock wires just seem to spark better.

you should look at tooquik's cop thread, instead of buying new plug wires you could do this for not much more:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39059

This is what I am doing, instead of buying new wires!

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
btw for the sake of completeness.

I myself run Magnecore which are pricey but they are the ONLY company that will do custom configuration.

In my case

2jz spark plug contacts and Mercury Marine Coil connections.

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Over the years, I've used several brands Bosch, NGK and OEM. I disconnect my wires once a year to look at the condition of the plugs and find OEM quality stands up to this type of use. All the others tend to have issues, coming apart in the process. I've owned this car since '92 and the current OEM wires I've used since 2000. My records show they cost me $89. Van