Has anyone ever seen a Supra MKIII or IV on Pinks. I watch this show
all the time and would love to see a well built Supra spank one of the
Mustangs you see on there all to frenquently. I have no doubt some of
you guys with your high HP Supras would do the brand proud----

inline6

Whistle>Whine
Sep 22, 2005
SoCal
I think the reason is that most of these pinks guys build up a budget project car just for pinks. Most of us owners have our cars as either DD's or as our pet projects that we use to have fun in with emotional ties. Neither of which is willing to give up a car for 30 minutes on speed.

Now get a supra guy with deeper pockets and willing to put together a quick budget build up mk3 and it could happen. We should paypal like $1 each to a fund to build a ass whoopin mk3.

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
thats not a bad idea... but i think pinks tries to keep it domestic because all they have to work with is huge motors and nitrous.. so it keeps the playing feild even... with something like a supra all you gotta do is play with tuning a little and a boost controller and you could totally screw the competition... wasn't there a 240sx on recently with an LS1 in it? prolly for that exact reason.

lazarous

Walking Dead......
Jun 1, 2005
Portland, Oregon
i think everyone has waaaaay too much emotionally and financially invested in the car, i know i do
as for the supra fund i would be down for that, im sure if everyone put in that remainder money in their pay pals that have been hanging around for a while collecting dust we could have one amazing ride.....mk3 w/ 2jz power!!! (sorry i had to be the one to say it)

NickSupra

Apr 6, 2005
tn
Pinks has imports on the show occasionally. It is interesting to watch sometimes, but they could do so much to improve the show. Also, for those of you that didnt know, the show is exactly that. Noone loses their car its only for entertainment. So no need to worry about losing your car as much as you need to worry about what you might break.

tonysupra

Supramania Contributor
Dec 3, 2005
CT
They have too much negotiations on that show. Just race heads up damit!

And i don't think $1 paypal from everyone is nearly enough for a build.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
We don't need to take up a collection. We just need Kwnate and a good clutch and we're good to go. Although, I don't really want to see his radmobile in a race for it's life. On second thought, we'll all put up five dollars each. Send the paypal to Jamesh9050@charter.net.......................:biglaugh:

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
ide love to see a MKII with a 2j and a gt42r in there, and a healthy dose of N02. hey if it doesnt win, then you can blow it up and sent the guy home with one broke ass car :evil)

inline6

Whistle>Whine
Sep 22, 2005
SoCal
After I said $1 dollar I checked the total # of members and realized there isn't as big of a following here as I thought. Of the 4000 members listed I bet only about a third are actually active too.

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
hey, I'll put in $5 is someone is serious about doing the build. I mean, I hardly have enough money for gas, but I'm sure i could scrape together a few bucks to see a Supra kick some ass!

Thought: We should start a poll to see if people want to do this!

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
how fast are the cars on there.. 11s? it would take some money to get tehre with a mkiii.. no one is going to ante up for that.. we're all poor..

if someone in the South east would do one, I would help any way i could..

Last edited:

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
The rx7 and civic one was awesome. that rx7 on that last pull was a monster. I swear too many domestics I change it whenever i see mustang races its no fun to watch