Pinks

artmo

Mar 1, 2006
Portland, Oregon
www.myspace.com
well i better start buying all the parts i need now, cause if this happends are car will get allot more attention and allot more people will want this car which means that part prices are going to go up! but i am down to donate, i already mentioned that in another topic just like this one.

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
suprashy said:
I've never understood Pinks. If my car is faster than yours, why would I want to give you car lengths to win your slower car, while risking losing my faster car?

My guess is that there are two reasons: 1) to be on TV. I don't find it to be appealing, but I'm sure some people do. and 2) even the slower car is worth thousands, especially after being on the show.

The only real proble I have with the show is that I have a personal rule never to risk losing my car. Beyond that, your putting your car through so much so quickly that you're bound to be doing damage, and if you win, you've gotta be able to sell the losers car for more than what it costs to fix yours. Therefore, in my eyes, it's not only the risk of losing my car, but in not being able to fix it when I win. So I agree, why bother?

That all being said, I do enjoy watching when it's a good match-up.

artmo said:
well i better start buying all the parts i need now, cause if this happends are car will get allot more attention and allot more people will want this car which means that part prices are going to go up! but i am down to donate, i already mentioned that in another topic just like this one.

I doubt having a Supra on the show will actually cause an increase in the value of our cars or the price of our parts. I mean, I'd love it if it value went up, but I don't think Pinks has the fan base to do it. The only reason The Fast And The Furious had an affect on MkIV's was because countless thousands of people saw it (maybe millions), and they stared at it for an hours or so. Plus, in that limited edition lamborghini orange, who could miss it?

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Alright. The Fast & The Furious done set off my alarm.

I'm going to paint my MKIII Bright Orange, install a shopping cart wing, Green decals with a monster/knight thing decal on the side of the car, stickers, body kit and a "2JZ, No shit?" motor. That way...when someone mysteriously asks me, "Oh! Supra! Is it like the one in F&F?!"....I can proudly say:

Why yes. :) Yes it is.

:p

:runaway:

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
Boost Lee said:
Alright. The Fast & The Furious done set off my alarm.

I'm going to paint my MKIII Bright Orange, install a shopping cart wing, Green decals with a monster/knight thing decal on the side of the car, stickers, body kit and a "2JZ, No shit?" motor. That way...when someone mysteriously asks me, "Oh! Supra! Is it like the one in F&F?!"....I can proudly say:

Why yes. :) Yes it is.

:p

:runaway:
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
tekdeus said:
Wouldn't a hidden boost controller give a huge advantage? Especially over a V8 that is either NAWSSSSSS on or NAWSSSSSS off.

Cya said:
I second!!! The size of that turbo and that NAWSSSSSS......lol.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: Sooooorry. I just had to say it. I haven't heard anyone say this in a while. :rofl: