Pinks

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
As I said before get some funds together (sponsors? )as they are starting a new portion of the show called PINKS "ALL OUT" meaning they race for cash. If they did race for JUST cash and NOT the car I am sure many would race ;)

Duane

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
in the 9 range huh for 10,000... id like to see ryan woon or cody phillips out there for sure, and DEFINATELY you Slow if your car is gonna be ready:)

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Bryan, what do you need to finish your car? Besides money..

On another note, what happens if everyone puts in a little money for one of us to build a car? Whoever builds the car is going to have a nice set up at the expense of all kinds of other members. How many people are going to yell " I own part of that car"? How would you lay ownership to a car that was built by a community? Hell, I'll do it! i will even put SUPRAMANIA.COM in huge letters all down the side of the car!

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
suprarich said:
Bryan, what do you need to finish your car? Besides money..

On another note, what happens if everyone puts in a little money for one of us to build a car? Whoever builds the car is going to have a nice set up at the expense of all kinds of other members. How many people are going to yell " I own part of that car"? How would you lay ownership to a car that was built by a community? Hell, I'll do it! i will even put SUPRAMANIA.COM in huge letters all down the side of the car!

I think the part about having a community-built car is that it isn't there to support the individuals who help fund/biuld it, but to support the community those individuals represent. In essence, though it would be owned by one person, it would be the SUPRAMANIA.COM car. So I think stickers down the sides would deffinately be in order, as well as possibly contacting some magazines once it's done. I'm sure we'd be able to get a few features to increase publicity of the community, and it would be fun as hell to go buy a mag and tell your friends that you had part in the cover-car's creation. We'd then also have a true SM.com car to send to shows, possibly even out to Vegas.

We're onto something here guys. Anybody else wanna see if we can really get this rolling?

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
The hell with it all, I am going to build a car because I a tired of hearing everyone talk and not act. PM me if you like. Pinks all out or not, I will take this thing to the limit and have SupraMania.com on the side of the car if the admin. does not care..

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
suprarich said:
The hell with it all, I am going to build a car because I a tired of hearing everyone talk and not act. PM me if you like. Pinks all out or not, I will take this thing to the limit and have SupraMania.com on the side of the car if the admin. does not care..

Heeey, how far over in Ohio are you? Maybe I'll stop by and give you a helping hand. :icon_bigg

Jeff

aljordan

LEADED FUEL ONLY
Jul 14, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
www.apeserver.com
NickSupra said:
Pinks has imports on the show occasionally. It is interesting to watch sometimes, but they could do so much to improve the show. Also, for those of you that didnt know, the show is exactly that. Noone loses their car its only for entertainment. So no need to worry about losing your car as much as you need to worry about what you might break.

This is unture.

They DO get their cars taken away.

There was a guy with a civic that ran and lost to a camaro. The camaro guy is on the net and told the entire story to everyone. He sold the kid back his car for a large sum of money.

It was posted on here or the other supra forum.

BRIAN

Supramania Contributor
Jan 7, 2006
socal
aljordan said:
This is unture.

They DO get their cars taken away.

There was a guy with a civic that ran and lost to a camaro. The camaro guy is on the net and told the entire story to everyone. He sold the kid back his car for a large sum of money.

It was posted on here or the other supra forum.
Yeah the kid had a nervouse breakdown when the Camero guy was driving it down the strip, so he sold it back.

madsupra88

BoOoOoST
Sep 17, 2005
Detroit,MI
Who ever wins the race, wins the car. but they sign some sheets saying they have to sell the car back to the owner for maximum half of what its worth.

I heard that from a guy, his friend works there or something

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
suprarich said:

Let me know how I can help!

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
BAD BRIAN said:
I don't remember anymore but I know it was a V8 thing like you said.

supercharged trans am vs turbo civic.
It was something like 630hp vs 650hp.
Of course the trans am probobly had about twice the area under the curve, and was a much better platform for putting that power to the ground... so no surprise the civic driver got his ass handed to him.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
boostadikt said:
in the 9 range huh for 10,000... id like to see ryan woon or cody phillips out there for sure, and DEFINATELY you Slow if your car is gonna be ready:)

I'm pretty sure Woon is going to run at the Pinks all out thing when it's in Arizona.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Well, I got the car to do it with. 87 hardtop 5 speed turbo. All I need now is permission from the site admin. to put the name of the forum on it. Then I need to decide what venue of racing the car will be built for in order to best rep the forum and our community. NOPI, NHRA, Local track with videos posted on the web, shows, SILV, Pinks all out, What??? One I decide that I will decide how the best course of action on preparing the car. What do we think?

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
I am going to move this build of mine to a new topic. Thanks everyone who offered help. i will be looking for some I am sure.

Rich

suprashy

Jun 21, 2005
Nassau County, NY
I've never understood Pinks. If my car is faster than yours, why would I want to give you car lengths to win your slower car, while risking losing my faster car?