Piggyback

1JZ30

Jan 21, 2008
East M'sia
Hello all, I wanna ask advice about piggy bag. I have an AFC NEO , got it second hand cheap from my friends and i was wondering if its good for tuning heavy modds (bigger turbo, injectors, etc etc) instead of using full management system.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
yeah those are only good so far... if you cant afford a standalone there are some better piggybacks like the map ecu

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
standalone > piggyback > piggy bag

dont know how good a bag full of pigs will tune a heavily modded car

:biglaugh:

88supraTT

Oct 2, 2005
around the bend
if you get really crazy and don't have alot of money you could try to track down a vpc gcc setup with the correct injector chip. but i do agree standalone ftw.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
1JZ30;940047 said:
c'mon guys .. i just want to know more about tuning .. im not here to get sarcasm because of my bad english . if you don't wanna help, then f**k off

lol, no need to get mad. I think people gave the answers in between the sarcasm and Jokes. :biglaugh:

I think a SAFC-II can be used for your needs. I would prefer greddy emanage blue though .

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
1JZ30;940047 said:
c'mon guys .. i just want to know more about tuning .. im not here to get sarcasm because of my bad english . if you don't wanna help, then f**k off

Glad to see you can take a joke.............:rolleyes:

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
This is a new member people and yes joking is cool but you guys all know he just wants some answers so come on, help me out some. :) I cleaned this thread up some.

If you can afford it, go stand alone as it will benefit you in the long run. Piggy backs are also fine but only to a certain amount of power IMO.

Duane

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Piggybacks only adjust AFR's, not timing. Piggybacks scale the air flow signal to the ECU, and the ECU adds more or less fuel accordingly. For mild builds, this is fine because you're not leaning out the AFR too much for stock timing. However, for bigger power builds, a piggyback would have to scale the fuel a lot more, but the stock timing is still being run by the stock ECU. This could be disasterous.

Choose your path

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
All depends on goals and your budget.

A good standalone will run everything in the car and allow room for expansion
a [thumb]http://www.leroye.com/blog/images/girlie/piggybag.jpg[/thumb] won't ;)

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
IJ.;940547 said:
All depends on goals and your budget.

A good standalone will run everything in the car and allow room for expansion
a [thumb]http://www.leroye.com/blog/images/girlie/piggybag.jpg[/thumb] won't ;)

It was only a matter of time for you to chime in. LOL

cbutler

Jan 31, 2006
Regina, SK
people have made significant power with the SAFC, you just need to know what your doing. For most peoples goals they work great.

1JZ30

Jan 21, 2008
East M'sia
rakkasan;940528 said:
Piggybacks only adjust AFR's, not timing. Piggybacks scale the air flow signal to the ECU, and the ECU adds more or less fuel accordingly. For mild builds, this is fine because you're not leaning out the AFR too much for stock timing. However, for bigger power builds, a piggyback would have to scale the fuel a lot more, but the stock timing is still being run by the stock ECU. This could be disasterous.

Choose your path

ohh! thanksss!!!! i understand nowww :D