Painted or Unpainted Moldings?

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
2tonebb6;1524920 said:
Wow this thread has me so confused on what to do. I've got an 89 white package and either want to leave the moldings white, or paint them light silver. I just don't know what to do

I think they look kinda weird with the body line being lighter color than the whole car. I gotta find a way to post pics with my iPhone tomorrow, someone posted 2 white bodies side by side, one with paint matched one with the blackish grey.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I'm going through the same dilema myself, I'm pondering painting the top half of the moldings similar to this supra with the godfather wide body.
p1526470_1.jpg

Ofcourse that car and mine are apples and oranges besides the color of the car but it looks like it could be interesting.

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
dont remember who posted this but i saved it cause its 2 beautiful cars, and shows the difference between painted and unpainted.
IMG_0492..JPG
and this is my car with clear smoked blinkers and side markers (and a horribly faded bumper)
IMG_0535..jpg

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Hmong_1G;1525385 said:
I say unpainted. Its what the manufactures decided years ago.

The manufacturers also decided to make them body color later in the cars life. This was my justification for painting them on my car, as I try to keep the exterior factory bar the wheels, and just use bits from all the different years and variants that I prefer.

I have to say as much as I like the painted mouldings, if the factory ones are in good shape they dont look too bad either, but painted does make the car look a little sleeker and more modern, which Toyota must have agreed on as they did the same thing for the 91 and 92

End of the day its all just personal preference really