Paint Job Color Suggestions anyone?

T-dollahs

Feb 1, 2013
British Columbia, Canada
I'm painting my 1990 MK3 Supra. The car is white right now with Burgundy kind of like this http://toyota-supra.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/1990-toyota-supra-interior.jpeg but actually a lot nicer haha.
im stuck on what color i wanna paint the car.. anyone wanna give me some suggestions, maybe post a picture of the color if you can find one? i was thinking something more on the blueish or purplish side of things idk. just gimmie some suggestions please

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
supraguy@aol;1913569 said:
And I'm assuming that's the rarest usdm Supra color?

Probably. It was only made one year, and the pictures on that website are the only ones that I remember seeing of a car in that color. My dad was actually talking the other day about a guy who he used to work with who had one in that color with a targa roof.

aka paco

If your wanting a blueish/purple mine as well go for RSP.................... personally not sure how i feel about a RSP MK3, i did have a NA-T SC300 that was RSP before and loved the color, not sure how well it flows on a MK3 though.. I like dark color MK3's like gunmetal, black, dark green and such..

here's a RSP MK3 pic though, doesn't look bad in the pic..

sz9b2a.jpg

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
aka paco;1913593 said:
If your wanting a blueish/purple mine as well go for RSP.................... personally not sure how i feel about a RSP MK3, i did have a NA-T SC300 that was RSP before and loved the color, not sure how well it flows on a MK3 though.. I like dark color MK3's like gunmetal, black, dark green and such..

here's a RSP MK3 pic though, doesn't look bad in the pic..

sz9b2a.jpg

Looks good, but not quite RSP. RSP is tough to replicate. Used to be a huge fan of it back in the day, still have the paint code memorized: 8L5

Now my heart belongs to a certain Mitsubishi/Dodge color, as seen on Rams, Skittles, Endeavors, Evo 8s/9s, etc., Electric Blue Pearl. Here's one of the better pics of how it looks in person:

47501211.jpg

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Orion ZyGarian;1913597 said:
Now my heart belongs to a certain Mitsubishi/Dodge color, as seen on Rams, Skittles, Endeavors, Evo 8s/9s, etc., Electric Blue Pearl. Here's one of the better pics of how it looks in person:

Didn't EBP paint make it's debut on the '99 Civic Si? My memory is kinda fuzzy. It's a decent color.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Based on his interior color being burgundy, I really can't see any sort of blue or green, period.
Unless he's willing to swap out interiors, I suggest pearl black, the mahogany or burgundy pearl(I seem to be agreeing alot with you lately, Absolute Speed), OR a graphite/ dk gray color.

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
supraguy@aol;1913760 said:
Based on his interior color being burgundy, I really can't see any sort of blue or green, period.
Unless he's willing to swap out interiors, I suggest pearl black, the mahogany or burgundy pearl(I seem to be agreeing alot with you lately, Absolute Speed), OR a graphite/ dk gray color.

That's because you have good taste :biglaugh:

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
Grandavi;1913580 said:
If I were changing color, I would go Cherry, Candy Apple Red or Black. But.. thats just me.
funny thing is I want to spray my 89 in gunmetal here shortly... although I was going to do my stolen hardtop in harley davidson black

super red did look great on my 89 though... I even like the burgundy one I have now... shoot the mk3 looks good in about any color TBH