oil pressure problem????

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
Ok, this is a really odd problem ive been having, finished my GTE swap a little bit ago (mods in sig) the motor runs great, nice and smooth, A/F ratio's are looking good etc

Now, heres the problem, I have now successfully blown up two CT's within a week (blowing oil seal), the first one had some miles on it but no real shaft play, the one I just blew was just rebuilt about 10k miles ago. I dont want to go and spend the money on another one just to have the same thing happen.

My oil pressure guage doesnt look to out of range, but I know that gauge is worth crap. Maybe a blockage in the return line? Anyone ever heard of something like that or poss. have any other ideas or pointers for me?

a_sesshoumaru

Suprita
Jan 7, 2007
El Salvador
if the return line of the turbo is too small it will cause your turbo to smoke even if it is ok, it happend to a friend once in his new turbonetics for his rx7, you should check that.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
IJ.;1026229 said:
How about posting what the issue was and it's resolution so others can benefit?

but then he would have to type another message!:sarcasm:

:biglaugh:

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
IJ.;1026229 said:
How about posting what the issue was and it's resolution so others can benefit?
sorry Ian, I thought I was having oil pressure problems due to the fact that I kept blowing oil seals in the CT's in about a weeks time. Now the first CT I blew didnt really have any shaft play although I knew it has been though some abuse, I didnt think much of it beacuse it had some wear on it.

Now this second one that I just blew out I got from someone local he told me that it was just rebuilt 12k miles ago.....but what he failed to tell me was that it was sitting for at least 3 years in a storage unit, more than enough time for the seals to dry out if not stored properly.