Official emanage ultimate thread

mini_me1209

MZ21 1jz Single Turbo
May 27, 2007
Lethbridge
i'm looking for a straight forward to the point description of how to properly replace the stock 1jz map sensor with the greddy 3 bar. Anybody have a link or willing to pm me with details? Done some basic interweb research, but all the descriptions are cluttered with garbage. Can't post on emanage forums yet since I just registered the other day.

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
Im pretty sure you just buy the sensor and harness and plug it in to your option port on the front unhook your stocker and config it in the software. This is what i have found thru research so far. But how is it that the stock 1j map sensor only handles ~15lbs when there are people running chipped ecus higher and i dont think 2j guys immiediatly swap out their sensor when they go single either. I remember reading that it was like mid 20's im gonna have to look it up again.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Quick question, i want to run this system i was looking at the universal Emanage Ultimate on HPF is there anything else i need, sensors, etc to hook this up or is everything included in the universal kit.

Thanks
~JDMMA70

boosted1jz

in reconstruction
May 9, 2005
alpharetta ga
www.cardomain.com
cruzinbill;1087376 said:
Im pretty sure you just buy the sensor and harness and plug it in to your option port on the front unhook your stocker and config it in the software. This is what i have found thru research so far. But how is it that the stock 1j map sensor only handles ~15lbs when there are people running chipped ecus higher and i dont think 2j guys immiediatly swap out their sensor when they go single either. I remember reading that it was like mid 20's im gonna have to look it up again.

i have a resistor looped into my 1jz map sensor so it could run more boost, had to adjust the fuel tunes with my old piggy back.... so now that im going emanage ultimate im going to use the 3bar map that it came with(i got mine off ebay package deal), now i just need to find some1 local that can tune this thing :)

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
Why would you replace the stock 1jz map sensor?

It should stay in, so that your low end responds like stock. Adding the greddy map sensor will allow you to tune for what the stock one can't handle (after 15 psi).

The ultimate will remove fuel cut, if you haven't already.

Technically, you can emulate the 1jz sensor and remove the stock one, but I don't see the reason to do this unless you want to sell off the old one and gain a few bucks.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
I have sent off the ECU Pinout for my car to Greddy today to see what they can come up with for my 7MGTE motor. I really want a 2 step for launching off the line. They will be getting back to me on Monday or Tuesday with a full wiring diagram and will be letting me know what features I can use and can't use.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Here is what I got from Greddy, but I think that it is from a 89 7MGE motor.

I asked them for a wiring diagram for the 7MGTE motor so I'll see what I can do, I'll have to email them back.

Attachments

• SUPRA-01282009180432 EMU Pinout.pdf
    149.9 KB · Views: 121

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Ok guys here you go! This is exactly how to hook up your EMU to the 7MGTE. I have been working with them on this for a while and this is what they came up with for our cars.

I'll get some more details, but they said that this should be able to use all the features of the EMU. As soon as I get another Job, I'll be getting this!!

Attachments

• 89 Supra Pinout EMU.pdf
    94 KB · Views: 170

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
I'm not familiar with the EMU blue, I thought that it only was for removing the AFM and fuel tuning? But from what they have told me this should be able to control timing. To remove the AFM you will need to buy the MAP sensor harness. The diagram that I have posted is with the map sensor harness.

dogdrake

Oct 25, 2008
Gadsden Alabama
I wouldn't think you would need them for the 370cc or jdm 440cc injectors . If you have the 550cc you would. it depends on the impedance of the injectors.

Last edited:

red88turbo

Need more BOOST
Mar 13, 2006
socal
Does anyone have the greddy EMU up and fully running on a 7MGTE using all the features? I'm set on going with this as it looks like most of the bugs and wiring have been figured out by now, but still apprehensive. Would be nice if Greddy could update their website or at least provide the info they have publicly.

dogdrake

Oct 25, 2008
Gadsden Alabama
I have a e-manage that has a bad airflow input is there a way i can just use the add on pressure sensor instead of the airflow one input? Does it need to use that input to tune? If i leave it disconnected I have an error message when I log into the e-manage.